From Gamescom 2017 - Bluehole, Inc., announced today that PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG), the first standalone Battle Royale game with more than eight million units sold on Steam, will be published by Microsoft on Xbox One. Through this partnership, Microsoft will help accelerate console development and maintain quality across all platforms. Bluehole, Inc. will maintain full development and creative control of PUBG, continuing to bring the best Battle Royale experience.
From Gamescom 2017, PUBG to be Published by Microsoft on Xbox One
"Our goal is to deliver the best Battle Royale experience to a global audience and our partnership with Microsoft will allow us to do just that," said Chang Han Kim, VP of Bluehole, Inc and Executive Producer for PUBG. "This partnership with Microsoft will accelerate the development and delivery of PUBG to console players around the world as we utilize their vast resources and impressive technical, sales and marketing expertise."
"I couldn't be more excited to be working with the team at Bluehole to bring Playerunknown's Battlegrounds exclusively to our players on Xbox One this year," said Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox. "We've been huge fans since the very earliest days, and worked hard to bring the game successfully to our E3 briefing. The announcement of our publishing the game on console today is an evolution of the strong partnership we've been building over many months."
A last-man-standing shooter, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS is the ultimate life and death fight, as it drops players on a realistic 8 x 8 km island with visuals that showcase Unreal Engine 4's capabilities. Starting with nothing, gamers must fight to locate weapons, vehicles and supplies as they strive to be the lone survivor.
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS is now available on Steam Early Access and is launching exclusively on Xbox One as part of the Xbox Game Preview program in late 2017, with the final version launching in early 2018 across the Xbox One family of devices.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit