StarTech.com has announced the release of a new U.2 to PCIe Drive Adapter Expansion Card (SKU: PEX4SFF8639). This new drive adapter provides a cost-effective solution for upgrading a computer or server with a U.2 NVMe SSD. Users can install this drive adapter into any standard PCIe slot to get the increased speeds and reduced power consumption of a U.2 NVMe SSD, compared to using a regular platter drive.
New drive adapter enables users to expand internal storage capability and harness the performance of U.2 drive capability.
The drive adapter is ideal for those who are interested in taking advantage of the increased speed and low latency of an U.2 (SFF-8639) NVMe SSD, but do not have a U.2 NVMe storage slot available in their computers or servers. This drive adapter lets users add NVMe performance to any computer or server by converting a U.2 NVMe SSD for use with a PCIe 3.0 x 4 host connection.
IT professionals, system integrators and installers, and prosumers who are building or upgrading a computer solution will appreciate the fast performance of U.2 NVMe SSDs. The drive adapter can be used in organizations, such as government offices, small to medium businesses, and education institutions.
Additional features and benefits of the new drive adapter are:
- Supports one (1) 2.5" U.2 NVMe SSD; U.2 (SFF-8639) drive interface
- PCIe 3.0 x 4 host interface; compatible with PCIe 3.0 motherboards
- Backwards compatible with PCIe 2.0/1.0
- Installs into an available PCIe slot on a desktop PC or server chassis
- Includes all necessary installation hardware; easy to use and install and does not require any extra software or drivers
- OS independent
"This drive adapter is a cost-effective solution for enhancing the performance of a server or workstation computer with a U.2 NVMe SSD," said Scott Burton, Product Manager, StarTech.com. "This adapter will be useful for users who want to take advantage of the increased speed and low latency of U.2 NVMe SSDs, but lack an available U.2 (SFF-8639) NVMe storage slot in systems."
The new expansion card is available at CDW, Amazon.com, Newegg.com, PC Connection, and Insight and will be distributed by Ingram Micro, SYNNEX, Tech Data, D&H and ASI.
StarTech.com is an ISO 9001:2000 registered manufacturer of hard-to find connectivity parts including A/V products, computer parts, cables and server management solutions. Founded in 1985, StarTech.com has locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, The United Kingdom, Europe, Japan and Australia, servicing a worldwide market.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- TUNAI teases DRUM, high-res bass enhanced earphones
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower