Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (TAEC), a committed technology leader, today unveiled the TR200 SATA solid state drive (SSD) series for the retail market. Leveraging Toshiba's latest 3-bit-per-cell TLC (triple-level cell) BiCS FLASH, the TR200 series offers PC gamers and DIY enthusiasts Toshiba's first upgrade SSD with 64-layer 3D flash memory.
The all-new Toshiba TR200 Series delivers next generation upgrade for Mobile or Desktop Systems
Toshiba TR200 SSDs are an easy and affordable way to enhance notebook or desktop experiences by increasing system responsiveness and productivity over traditional hard disk drives (HDDs). With a 6Gbit/s SATA interface, the TR200 series is rated for sequential read/write speeds(1) of up to 550MB/s and 525MB/s(2) and random read/write performances(3) of up to 80,000 and 87,000 input/output operations per second (IOPS)(4).
In addition to excellent SATA performance, TR200 SSDs provide low power consumption that translates into a longer battery life for on-the-go users.
"We are excited to provide consumers with the new TR200 series, our first retail branded SATA 6Gbit/s drives to leverage state-of-the-art Toshiba 64-layer TLC BiCS FLASH," said Alex Mei, vice president consumer SSDs and storage outbound marketing, at Toshiba America Electronics Corporation, Inc. "Seeking to provide enhanced real-world performance and value to customers, the TR200 SSDs were engineered from the ground up utilizing the latest 3D flash memory technology to be a cost-effective and power-optimized storage solution for desktop and mobile upgraders, gamers, and system builders."
The TR200 series will be showcased at the China Digital Entertainment Expo & Conference (ChinaJoy) in Shanghai, China from July 27-30 and GamesCom in Cologne, Germany from August 22-26.
TR200 drives will be offered in a 2.5-inch form factor and are available in 240GB, 480GB, and 960GB capacities(5) and will be available at retailers and etailers this Fall.
For more information on Toshiba's line of industry-leading SSDs, please visit: http://toshiba.semicon-storage.com/us/product/storage-products.html. To learn more about Toshiba's storage solutions, follow @ToshibaStorage on Twitter.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit