Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (TAEC), a committed technology leader, today unveiled the TR200 SATA solid state drive (SSD) series for the retail market. Leveraging Toshiba's latest 3-bit-per-cell TLC (triple-level cell) BiCS FLASH, the TR200 series offers PC gamers and DIY enthusiasts Toshiba's first upgrade SSD with 64-layer 3D flash memory.
The all-new Toshiba TR200 Series delivers next generation upgrade for Mobile or Desktop Systems
Toshiba TR200 SSDs are an easy and affordable way to enhance notebook or desktop experiences by increasing system responsiveness and productivity over traditional hard disk drives (HDDs). With a 6Gbit/s SATA interface, the TR200 series is rated for sequential read/write speeds(1) of up to 550MB/s and 525MB/s(2) and random read/write performances(3) of up to 80,000 and 87,000 input/output operations per second (IOPS)(4).
In addition to excellent SATA performance, TR200 SSDs provide low power consumption that translates into a longer battery life for on-the-go users.
"We are excited to provide consumers with the new TR200 series, our first retail branded SATA 6Gbit/s drives to leverage state-of-the-art Toshiba 64-layer TLC BiCS FLASH," said Alex Mei, vice president consumer SSDs and storage outbound marketing, at Toshiba America Electronics Corporation, Inc. "Seeking to provide enhanced real-world performance and value to customers, the TR200 SSDs were engineered from the ground up utilizing the latest 3D flash memory technology to be a cost-effective and power-optimized storage solution for desktop and mobile upgraders, gamers, and system builders."
The TR200 series will be showcased at the China Digital Entertainment Expo & Conference (ChinaJoy) in Shanghai, China from July 27-30 and GamesCom in Cologne, Germany from August 22-26.
TR200 drives will be offered in a 2.5-inch form factor and are available in 240GB, 480GB, and 960GB capacities(5) and will be available at retailers and etailers this Fall.
For more information on Toshiba's line of industry-leading SSDs, please visit: http://toshiba.semicon-storage.com/us/product/storage-products.html. To learn more about Toshiba's storage solutions, follow @ToshibaStorage on Twitter.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Super Meat Boy is a success on Switch
- Final Fantasy XV on PC will support mods
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- SEGA launch mystery game reveal countdown website
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series