Atari- one of the world's most iconic consumer brands and interactive entertainment producers - today announced a partnership with leading action figure and collectibles maker NECA to introduce wearable technology products for BLADE RUNNER 2049, the hotly anticipated sequel to the legendary Ridley Scott directed sci-fi movie, coming to theaters on October 6, 2017. The first wave of all-new Atari Speakerhats, powered by Audiowear, the technology company creating next-generation individual and social audio experiences, debuts today and will be joined this fall by a Limited-Edition BLADE RUNNER 2049 Atari Speakerhat.
Atari-branded Speakerhats Powered by Audiowear to be Unveiled at San Diego Comic Con with Limited-Edition Co-Branded Atari/BLADE RUNNER 2049 Products to Follow this Fall
The Speakerhat is a baseball-style cap with high-fidelity stereo speakers and microphone that can connect instantly to any Bluetooth-enabled device, enabling phone calls, audio/music, and voice control. The patented Speakerhat, combined with Multiplayer Mode, will enable multiple Speakerhat users to simultaneously listen to a single audio stream in perfect synchronization, a fundamentally new social audio experience. Speakerhats have been precision-designed and engineered to the highest audio standards to deliver a unique and powerful experience to a range of active consumers, including gamers, outdoor and fitness enthusiasts, skaters, musicians, sports fans, tech early-adopters and many others.
"Atari has transcended its seminal gaming origins to become a true pop-culture lifestyle brand, but disruption remains deeply rooted in our DNA," said Atari Connect COO, Michael Arzt. "With the recent reveal of our Ataribox project and now with Speakerhats, we envision a full range of connected personal devices that live at society's intersection of entertainment, technology and social connectivity that legendary film worlds like BLADE RUNNER 2049 foretell. Our new products will speak to a whole new generation of Atari fans, while also honoring the decades of affection and devotion by our most loyal ones."
"BLADE RUNNER 2049 made a distinctive and memorable mark with its recent reveal trailer that skillfully captured and evolved the aesthetic presented in the classic original film. Atari was an enduring and essential element in the sequel filmmakers' world-building," said NECA COO, Joel Weinshanker. "The minute the new trailer hit, we started getting requests for Atari-branded BLADE RUNNER 2049 products and knew we'd need to partner with Atari to satisfy the countless joint fans of both franchises."
The Limited-Edition Atari BLADE RUNNER 2049 Speakerhat will ultimately be joined by a variety of Atari-branded lifestyle products such as high-tech wearables and apparel based on its popular IP, as well as various audio and gaming gadgets. To learn more about Atari Speakerhats and future Atari connected-lifestyle products, visit AtariLife.com. For more details and chances to win Atari Speakerhats, like us on Facebook at https://www.Facebook.com/AtariLife, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter @AtariLife.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit