Today LaCie announced the next evolution of its popular 2big professional 2-bay RAID storage solution. Now with Thunderbolt 3 technology, the LaCie 2big Dock delivers fast speeds and massive capacity, making it a powerhouse tool for photographers and videographers.
Designed by Neil Poulton, the LaCie 2big Dock is also a sleek yet powerful docking station that provides ports for connecting other devices, a feature that many laptops have sacrificed in recent years. Through a single cable, the LaCie 2big Dock simplifies and centralizes the desktop by directly connecting to a laptop, SD Cards, Compact Flash Cards and other devices. The result is a simplified, more efficient creative workflow.
Creative professionals juggle massive amounts of data and tight timelines, so capacity and speed are critical. With up to 20TB of storage-a twenty five percent increase over the previous version-the LaCie 2big Dock offers professionals enough space for large video and photo libraries including up to 650 hours of 4K 30fps footage* or 200,000 raw images**.
With speeds of up to 440MB/s, users can transfer one hour of 4K footage in one minute***. It also means almost zero lag time when browsing photo libraries in Adobe Lightroom. Working with compressed 4K or HD footage, videographers can edit quickly and smoothly in Adobe Premiere Pro.
More than storage, the LaCie 2big Dock is a powerful docking station that helps photographers and videographers simplify their workflows. Front-facing SD and CF Card slots allow the pro to directly ingest files off memory cards from a drone, DSLR, GoPro and other devices into Adobe Lightroom or Premiere Pro.
The USB 3.0 hub charges a phone or connects a shuttle drive or digital camera to offload footage or files. Via DisplayPort, professionals can connect the LaCie 2big Dock to high-resolution 720-1080p or even 4K displays. Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports can also power a compatible laptop while simultaneously daisy-chaining up to five additional Thunderbolt or one USB-C drive. Plus, the USB 3.1 port enables universal compatibility with USB-C and USB 3.0 computers via the included adapter cable. Thunderbolt 2 compatibility is also possible with an adapter (sold separately).
Other key features of the new LaCie 2big Dock include:
- Seagate IronWolf Pro enterprise-class drives and RAID optimization for superior power management and reliability
- LaCie RAID Manager that easily monitors system's health with audible alarm and email alerts
- Efficient cooling with aluminum enclosure and thermoregulated fan for professional reliability
- A five-year limited warranty
The new LaCie 2big Dock will be available in 12TB, 16TB or 20TB capacities through LaCie Resellers this summer. It will be showcased for the first time at the NAB Show in Las Vegas next week. Attendees can stop by the LaCie booth (SL4527) to see the LaCie 2big Dock in action. For more information, visit https://www.lacie.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit