ADATA Technology, a leading manufacturer of high performance DRAM modules and NAND Flash products, today launched theSX7000 SSD as part of its growing XPG gaming brand. The SX7000 uses an M.2 2280 form factor and carefully-sorted 3D TLC NAND Flash, paired with an SMI controller. The SX7000 interfaces with motherboards via PCI Express 3.0 x4 and meets NVMe 1.2 specifications to deliver 1800MB/s read, 850MB/s write, and 130K/140K IOPS. The SX7000 is available in 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB, making the most of the flexibility of 3D NAND to present consumers with greater choice based on budget and need.
Deploys more high performance, low profile storage options for gamers and enthusiasts
Extra-fast PCIe3x4 M.2 for a wider audience
Like the previously-released XPG SX8000, the SX7000 connects to desktop and notebook PCs via low profile M.2 2280 and channels data through four-lane PCI Express 3.0. It uses 3D TLC NAND, meticulously sorted to ADATA standards. This makes the SX7000 a more accessible first-time M.2 purchase for many users compared to the SX8000, which employs premium 3D MLC NAND. With NVMe 1.2, the SX7000 represents a massive upgrade compared to SATA SSDs and certainly hard drives. Read speeds go up to 1800MB/s while write performance reaches 850MB/s. Those equal roughly ten times HDD performance, and compare very favorably with the 500MB/s read/write of SATA SSDs. Read and write IOPS figures are also at least 40% higher than SATA SSDs. The SX7000 is ideal as a fast boot/OS drive for first time buyers, cutting down boot delays to a few seconds. As a storage drive it offers significantly lower loading times in games and other a! pplications.
All the benefits of 3D NAND in a low profile, efficient drive
M.2 SSDs not only exceed SATA drives in performance, they are also vastly more power efficient and take up far less space in desktops. For notebooks, they offer the benefit of reduced battery drain and thus longer battery life. The 3D NAND ADATA uses on the SX7000 is more reliable, faster performing, and longer lasting than 2D NAND. The SX7000 has a strictly-verified and stress-tested MTBF (mean time between failures) figure of 2 million hours, 25% more than 2D NAND drives.
Complete suite of performance-boosting features
The SX7000 provides users the same advantages of ADATA firmware design offered by the SX8000. SLC Caching allows it to enter pseudo single-level cell mode (pSLC) for sustained speed during heavy data loads. DRAM Cache Buffer further helps maintain consistent throughput, while LDPC ECC (low density parity check error correction) prevents data corruption, and Data Shaping evenly distributes tasks across Flash cells to reduce premature wear. This complete feature and performance package is backed by a 5-year warranty.
Xtreme Performance Gear (XPG) is an ADATA Technology brand offering high performance PC hardware. XPG productsdistinguish themselves by surpassing stringent ADATA A+ Testing Methodology to ensure the highest standards for superior product stability and performance. XPG provides gamers, enthusiasts, and overclockers an extraordinary journey best experienced at full tilt. The XPG line sports advanced technical attributes and its strength shines through with sleek and powerful designs that have earned prestigious accolades worldwide. These include Good Design Awards from Japan and Taiwan Excellence Gold Awards. ADATA XPG products are recognized by overclockers and world-renowned professional gaming teams who use them as essential hardware for achieving victory. For more information, please visitwww.xpg.com
Latest News Posts
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000MHz 32GB Memory Kit Review
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases