VIA Delivers Stunning Hi-Def Video and DX10.1 to Pico-ITXe
VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the first expansion HD module for the VIA EPIA-P710, the VIA P710-HD. Featuring the powerful 4300E embedded graphics processor from S3 Graphics, this first Pico-I/O module for stackable Pico-ITXe boards delivers Hi-Def video playback and advanced graphics in an extremely low power, compact form factor.
With multiple display support including dual DVI and HDMI, the VIA P710-HD module opens up a new realm of possibilities to system integrators of multimedia intensive embedded applications. Sophisticated digital signage, arcade gaming, kiosk and POI applications can now take advantage of multiple digital display configurations and cutting edge Hi-Def playback of resolutions up to and beyond 1080p.
Supporting connectors based on the SUMIT specification, the VIA P710-HD module can be used with the VIA EPIA-P710, the first board to take advantage of the new Pico-ITXe standard and SUMIT connector specifications.
"VIA is again placing itself ahead of the competition in bringing to market all the benefits of high-definition visual computing in an ultra-low power, ultra compact product," said Daniel Wu, Vice President of VIA Embedded, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The VIA P710-HD module, when paired with a Pico-ITXe board, opens up a new world of digital brilliance."
The VIA P710-HD module will be shown at Embedded Systems Conference San Jose, USA, taking place next week. For more information please visit this page.
About the VIA P710-HD Module
The VIA P710-HD module is based on the S3 Graphics 4300E embedded graphics processor and includes 256MB of dedicated GDDR 2 on-board memory, supporting separately configurable dual DVI, HDMI and S-Video ports at resolutions up to 2560 x 1600 with 2-channel LVDS and an analog VGA header also available.
The S3 Graphics 4300E is designed to offer extreme power efficiency with a total graphics subsystem TDP of less than 8 watts. The S3 Graphics 4300E embedded graphics processor boasts a highly programmable video core, fully compatible with Blu-ray Disk technology with codec support including WMV9 HD, MPEG-2 HD, VC-1, H.264 and AVS, all within a ruthlessly low power envelope.
The S3 Graphics 4300E is a fully DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 2.1 compliant part supporting dual DVI, HDMI, S-Video and LVDS transmitters across PCI Express 2.0. The integrated HDTV Hi-Def encoder technology supports all eighteen DTV ATSC and DVB standards, including 1080p.
Latest News Posts
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- Overwatch director hints at cross-platform opportunities
- Deadpool 2 fails to beat Deadpool's opening weekend revenue
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit