For more than a decade, IFMCA award-winning composer Olivier Deriviere (Remember Me, Assassin's Creed IV Freedom Cry) has been scoring music for animation, films, and video games and is widely acclaimed for both his composition and innovative approaches to connecting music with the game experience.
"Game Music's Eclectic Daredevil" Takes Musical Immersion in Games to New Level with Innovative Interactive Music 2.0 Techniques and 3D Audio Tech
Hailed by MTV as "Game Music's Eclectic Daredevil," Olivier Deriviere's latest work can be seen in the psychological thriller game GET EVEN, developed by Polish studio The Farm 51 and published by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. Deriviere is once again challenging industry conventions and enhancing players' interactive experience through his music.
To fully immerse players in the center of the game's multi-dimensional story, Deriviere created a visceral and emotional musical score - rendered in real-time within the game's engine - that infuses sound sources from the game's environments and reacts directly to the actions of the player.
"Through the use of real-time MIDI, live musicians recorded in ambisonics, and other audio tricks, the gaming environment itself is now an orchestra waiting to be conducted, and everything in it is a potential instrument," says Deriviere.
An intense and genre-defying musical journey combining organic electronic music and a live orchestra, recorded and mixed in 3D audio with the Brussels Philharmonic at Galaxy Studios, Belgium, Deriviere's score conveys a vast spectrum of emotions whereby all the music is connected directly to the meaning of the game.
Driven by his passion to provide players with a unique musical experience that truly reflects the game, both musically and directly in sync with the gameplay itself, Deriviere continues to innovate and enhance players' interactive experience within GET EVEN through music.
See Olivier Deriviere working with the Brussels Philharmonic Orchestra and get an understanding of how Auro-3D technology is used in this new GET EVEN video, ready for embedding here:
GET EVEN will be launching in the Americas for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via STEAM on May 26, 2017.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Black Masses trailer showcases 6,000 zombies on screen
- Treyarch details upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 patch
- Project Nova goes into Closed Alpha next month
- Samsung phones in 2020: in-screen cameras and no bezel?!
- Games-as-a-service driving EA and Activision into the future
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam