For more than a decade, IFMCA award-winning composer Olivier Deriviere (Remember Me, Assassin's Creed IV Freedom Cry) has been scoring music for animation, films, and video games and is widely acclaimed for both his composition and innovative approaches to connecting music with the game experience.
"Game Music's Eclectic Daredevil" Takes Musical Immersion in Games to New Level with Innovative Interactive Music 2.0 Techniques and 3D Audio Tech
Hailed by MTV as "Game Music's Eclectic Daredevil," Olivier Deriviere's latest work can be seen in the psychological thriller game GET EVEN, developed by Polish studio The Farm 51 and published by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. Deriviere is once again challenging industry conventions and enhancing players' interactive experience through his music.
To fully immerse players in the center of the game's multi-dimensional story, Deriviere created a visceral and emotional musical score - rendered in real-time within the game's engine - that infuses sound sources from the game's environments and reacts directly to the actions of the player.
"Through the use of real-time MIDI, live musicians recorded in ambisonics, and other audio tricks, the gaming environment itself is now an orchestra waiting to be conducted, and everything in it is a potential instrument," says Deriviere.
An intense and genre-defying musical journey combining organic electronic music and a live orchestra, recorded and mixed in 3D audio with the Brussels Philharmonic at Galaxy Studios, Belgium, Deriviere's score conveys a vast spectrum of emotions whereby all the music is connected directly to the meaning of the game.
Driven by his passion to provide players with a unique musical experience that truly reflects the game, both musically and directly in sync with the gameplay itself, Deriviere continues to innovate and enhance players' interactive experience within GET EVEN through music.
See Olivier Deriviere working with the Brussels Philharmonic Orchestra and get an understanding of how Auro-3D technology is used in this new GET EVEN video, ready for embedding here:
GET EVEN will be launching in the Americas for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via STEAM on May 26, 2017.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit