Analogix Semiconductor, Inc. today announced the availability of high-performance reference designs seamlessly paring MediaTek's Helio X30 processor with Analogix's ANX7625 SlimPort transmitter to provide DisplayPort over USB-C at 4K Ultra-HD resolution for smart devices.
MediaTek Helio X30 and SlimPort ANX7625 Reference Design Delivers DisplayPort over USB-C Video-Out on Any Mobile Device
The MediaTek Helio X30 is the most powerful addition to the MediaTek Helio family for today's high-end smartphones. Bringing together MediaTek's 10-core, Tri-Cluster architecture on TSMC 10nm process, MediaTek Helio X30 delivers power efficiency, sustained high performance, and is an ideal platform for Analogix's ANX7625 SlimPort transmitter to offer breakthrough 4K Ultra-HD mobile video experiences.
The ANX7625 is an ultra-low power, single-chip bridge from the MIPI and USB 3.1 interfaces of the application processor to DisplayPort over USB-C, simultaneously performing the necessary USB-C port switching and management. It supports High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) version 2.2/ 1.4 for secure playback either to a virtual reality (VR) headset, or to a monitor or big screen TV.
"The MediaTek Helio X30 and SlimPort ANX7625 reference design will allow smartphone users to connect to a lightweight VR or AR headset, and watch 360 videos or play 3D games with better user experience," said Andre Bouwer, vice president of marketing for Analogix. "ANX7625 also allows concurrent Ultra-HD video and high speed USB data to be output over the USB-C charging port enabling productivity applications such as phone docking stations. When connected to a docking station, a monitor, and a keyboard, the phone will behave just like a PC."
Product demonstrations are taking place during this week's Mobile World Congress 2017, at Analogix's SlimPort booth #7F3 in Hall 7 at Fira Gran Via in Barcelona.
About Analogix Semiconductor
Analogix Semiconductor, Inc. designs and manufactures semiconductors for the digital multimedia market, from smartphones, tablets and notebooks, to high-definition displays and media playback accessories. Analogix is the market leader in providing end-to-end interface connectivity semiconductor solutions for DisplayPort, including the SlimPort family of products, and an industry leader in mobile display controllers, such as low-power, high-speed timing controller solutions. The DisplayPort standard is an innovative, packetized digital interface for high-resolution video and audio that was developed by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA). SlimPort branded products are compliant with DisplayPort, Mobility DisplayPort (MyDP), and DisplayPort Alternate Mode over the USB Type-C connector.
Latest News Posts
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Become a god in SMITE's launch trailer for Nintendo Switch
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media