AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced the global launch of AMD Ryzen 7 desktop processors, with pre-orders starting today from more than 180 global etailers and boutique OEMs, to the delight of PC gamers, content creators, enthusiasts, and fans worldwide. After four years and more than two million engineering hours of development, Ryzen is ready to unleash its powerful purpose, shake up the market, and connect millions more people to high performance personal computing.
AMD Ryzen 7 Lineup Includes the World's Highest Performing and Lowest Powered 8-core Desktop PC Processors; Immediate Pre-order Availability From More Than 180 Retailers and Boutique OEMs
"Four years ago we began development of our 'Zen' processor core with the goal to deliver unprecedented generational performance gains and return choice and innovation to the high-performance computing market," said Dr. Lisa Su, president and CEO of AMD. "On March 2, enthusiasts and gamers around the world will experience 'Zen' in action, as we launch our Ryzen 7 family of processors and reinvigorate the desktop computing market."
AMD Ryzen 7 Lineup
During an event for global press, industry analysts, and partners, AMD outlined the Ryzen 7 desktop processor lineup. AMD specifically designed these processors for PC gamers, creators, and enthusiasts with 8-cores, 16-threads, and the new AM4 desktop platform. In live demos and testing, these processors demonstrated their superiority: the flagship Ryzen 7 1800X as the world's highest performing 8-core desktop processor1, and Ryzen 7 1700 as the world's lowest power 8-core desktop processor2.
Product demonstrations featured Ryzen 7 1800X outperforming a similarly configured 8-core, 16-thread Intel Core i7-6900K in Cinebench R15 multi-threaded and Handbrake-based video transcoding, as well as showing comparable 4K gaming performance.
New AMD Thermal Solutions
For Ryzen, AMD offers new thermal solutions based on the original Wraith coolers, launched to wide acclaim in 2016. The next evolution of Wraith includes Wraith Spire and Wraith Stealth, offering reliable, near-silent performance enthusiasts expect from the Wraith brand. Featured with Ryzen 7 1700 sold in retail boxes as well as many OEM systems, Wraith Spire offers superb cooling at an incredibly quiet 32 decibels.
For customers eagerly waiting for Ryzen, etailers around the world are primed to begin taking pre-orders beginning today, Feb, 22, at 1 p.m. ET.3
"We deeply appreciate the ways in which our partners and customers came together to build a high-performance ecosystem for Ryzen," said Jim Anderson, senior vice president and general manager, Computing and Graphics Group, AMD. "With an anticipated 82 new motherboards from ODMs worldwide, Ryzen-based designs from top global PC OEMs expected soon, and boutique SIs and OEMs showing extreme-performance PC designs, this will be a launch like no other. Unprecedented pre-order support from etailers globally shows that our ecosystem and partners are fully behind AMD and our commitment to return innovation and competition to high-performance PCs."
Participating vendors include the following, with a more complete list available here:
Among the 82 anticipated new motherboards are designs from ASRock, ASUS, Biostar, GIGABYTE, and MSI, all built upon two desktop chipsets for AMD Ryzen processors - the X370 and B350 - and expected to be widely available on March 2.
AMD Ryzen Reddit AMA with AMD CEO Lisa Su
Alongside the disclosure of full details of Ryzen 7 processors, AM4 motherboards, and compatible thermal solutions, the global community will engage with Lisa Su during an AMD Ryzen Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) planned for March 2 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. U.S. Central Time at https://www.reddit.com/r/amd.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xbox saves work with Final Fantasy XV on PC
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit