Today, SQUARE ENIX announced that it has been awarded with three brand new Guinness World Records achievements for records set by games within the FINAL FANTASY series. The awards were presented on stage during the European FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival event held in Frankfurt.
Awards presented live from the European FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival
FINAL FANTASY was awarded for being the "most prolific role playing game series". As of 15th February 2017, the FINAL FANTASY name has adorned 87 different RPG titles.
Naoki Yoshida's celebrated MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game), FINAL FANTASY XIV, received two specific Guinness World Records titles: the first - "longest end credits in an MMO game" - is in recognition of the 1 hour 38 minute length of the end credits of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (2013). While credits typically contain the names of everyone involved with the creation of a game, the credits to A Realm Reborn also contain the names of players of the original FINAL FANTASY XIV (2010) as a sign of appreciation from the development team for their support.
FINAL FANTASY XIV also received the record for the "most original pieces of music in a videogame (including expansions) achieved by FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn ". The game features 384 individual pieces of music recorded specifically for the game. This can be broken down as 280 pieces for the main game (Ver 2.0~2.55) and 104 from the 2015 expansion Heavensward (Ver 3.0~3.45).
Both Naoki Yoshida (Producer and Director) and Masayoshi Soken (Sound Director and Composer) were present on stage in Frankfurt to accept their awards in front of the Fan Festival crowd. Yosuke Matsuda (President and Representative Director, SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.) received the most prolific role playing game series award on behalf of Square Enix.
Stephen Daultrey, Editor of the Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition said "It is testament to both the size and longevity of the FINAL FANTASY franchise that it can break Guinness World Records titles that are broad, eclectic, and landmark as these ones."
Stormblood, the next expansion for FINAL FANTASY XIV, is currently scheduled for release on June 20th 2017. With more than six million players globally, FINAL FANTASY XIV continues to deliver on the promise of bringing the best of the FINAL FANTASY experience to the online realm.
STORMBLOOD teaser site: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/stormblood/
The Lodestone: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/
Official Website: https://www.finalfantasyxiv.com
Official Facebook: https://www.Facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Official YouTube: http://www.YouTube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV
Official Twitter: @FF_XIV_EN
Official Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ffxiv/?hl=en
Latest News Posts
- 25-years of DOOM celebrated with DOOM update for Switch
- Peter Jackson could help Amazon's Lord Of The Rings TV show
- Stardew Valley on Switch receives Multiplayer Update Dec 12
- Smash Bros. Ultimate director discusses 3rd-party characters
- Smash Bros. UItimate is fastest-selling Switch game so far
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock 14-Port Review
- AORUS LED i2c control?
- 1stPlayer Bullet Hunter MK6 Gaming Keyboard Review
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Review
- Z390 ultra bios needs serious work
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019
- Rules of Survival Ultra: A Revolutionary Version with Day/Night Cycle, Changing Weather and Enhanced Game Models
- Brutal Classic-Style FPS SUFFER is out now on Steam!
- The hottest Steam games arrive in Fanatical's Winter Sale
- YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG Spreads Conspiracy Theories on Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam on Jan. 17, 2019