2016 was the Year of Tomb Raider. Crystal Dynamics and SQUARE ENIX celebrated 20 Years of an Icon with a series of announcements, events, and releases, culminating with last October's award-winning Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration.
State of the Art Facility Features Cutting Edge Technology to Support Upcoming Projects
Crystal Dynamics now looks to 2017 as a fresh adventure, with a Tomb Raider movie currently in production, the recent reveal of The Avengers project, and our move into a new and improved studio just last week.
Check out the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration milestones from 2016, also known as the Year of Tomb Raider here:
"After months of planning, building, and some very late nights for the construction crew, we've just moved into our glorious new state-of-the-art studio!" revealed Scot Amos, co-studio head of Crystal Dynamics. "We have some great new amenities, from hydraulic desks for everyone to adjust as they like, to black-out shades and light absorption paint for those darkness-loving developers."
In addition to fine-tuning the environment to ensure everyone is working at their best, the new studio has added more offices and team conference rooms, as well as a dedicated "dailies" review room outfitted with the latest and greatest gear.
"We've expanded to six fully equipped sound proof audio rooms too," continued Amos. "With the growth of our team, we've also increased our studio meeting area and naturally outfitted it with tons of next-gen 4K screens, as well as dedicated console and PC gaming stations next to the huge new kitchen. Lastly, we've added two specialty rooms for optimal development efficiency: a photogrammetry capture space and our very own, on-site, fully equipped Motion Capture stage!"
"The new studio will help Crystal Dynamics take our work to the next level," agreed co-studio head Ron Rosenberg. "Crystal Dynamics' new studio is nearly double the size in order to make room for all the new positions we're hiring over the next year."
If you're interested in joining the Crystal Dynamics family and checking out the studio for yourself, you can browse our job postings here. We're hiring across all disciplines!
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- Overwatch director hints at cross-platform opportunities
- Deadpool 2 fails to beat Deadpool's opening weekend revenue
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit