2016 was the Year of Tomb Raider. Crystal Dynamics and SQUARE ENIX celebrated 20 Years of an Icon with a series of announcements, events, and releases, culminating with last October's award-winning Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration.
State of the Art Facility Features Cutting Edge Technology to Support Upcoming Projects
Crystal Dynamics now looks to 2017 as a fresh adventure, with a Tomb Raider movie currently in production, the recent reveal of The Avengers project, and our move into a new and improved studio just last week.
Check out the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration milestones from 2016, also known as the Year of Tomb Raider here:
"After months of planning, building, and some very late nights for the construction crew, we've just moved into our glorious new state-of-the-art studio!" revealed Scot Amos, co-studio head of Crystal Dynamics. "We have some great new amenities, from hydraulic desks for everyone to adjust as they like, to black-out shades and light absorption paint for those darkness-loving developers."
In addition to fine-tuning the environment to ensure everyone is working at their best, the new studio has added more offices and team conference rooms, as well as a dedicated "dailies" review room outfitted with the latest and greatest gear.
"We've expanded to six fully equipped sound proof audio rooms too," continued Amos. "With the growth of our team, we've also increased our studio meeting area and naturally outfitted it with tons of next-gen 4K screens, as well as dedicated console and PC gaming stations next to the huge new kitchen. Lastly, we've added two specialty rooms for optimal development efficiency: a photogrammetry capture space and our very own, on-site, fully equipped Motion Capture stage!"
"The new studio will help Crystal Dynamics take our work to the next level," agreed co-studio head Ron Rosenberg. "Crystal Dynamics' new studio is nearly double the size in order to make room for all the new positions we're hiring over the next year."
If you're interested in joining the Crystal Dynamics family and checking out the studio for yourself, you can browse our job postings here. We're hiring across all disciplines!
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Battle Royale craze extends to... OFFICE CHAIRS
- Intel will wave goodbye to legacy BIOS support in 2020
- iMac Pro will feature A10 chip for always-on 'Hey Siri'
- EA stock prices see the dark side of Battlefront II issues
- Canadian grocery chain the first with Tesla Semi truck order
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ