Razer, the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today unveiled that Razer Chroma, its flagship lighting technology, will be now available to 3rd party partners along with a glimpse into the future of Razer Chroma with "Project Ariana," the world's first video projection system designed for total immersion gaming.
Razer Chroma jumps off of the flat screen and into a custom wraparound visual experience; more innovations on the horizon
Razer Chroma is the largest RGB platform for gaming with more than 5 million devices sold to date. Some of the world's top AAA games have integrated Razer Chroma lighting, including "Overwatch" from Blizzard, "Call of Duty Black Ops 3" from Activision, "Shadow Warrior 2" from Devolver Digital, and more.
A growing number of hardware partners are additionally queued to leverage the Razer Chroma platform for immersive gaming solutions, including Lenovo, NZXT, Antec, Lian Li, Wicked Lasers and Nanoleaf. Entry into the Razer Chroma ecosystem and the 16.8 million-color palette of the platform is given through the Razer Chroma Module, a single hardware and software API available to partners.
Additionally, Razer is exploring how lighting in the whole room can create more immersive experiences, together with Philips Lighting.
A glimpse into the future of Razer Chroma is given by Project Ariana, taking the concept of RGB lighting into room projection and bringing a whole new dimension to immersive gaming through Razer Chroma, which communicates with games in real-time to create both lighting and video effects. This results in solutions for gamers that range from peripherals to smart lighting and video projection, all working as one to provide a totally immersive gaming experience.
"Project Ariana is a concept design that showcases the power and potential of the Razer Chroma platform in the pre-VR world in bridging the gap between gamers and games," says Razer Co-Founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan. "Video projection, multi-color lighting and the responsive intelligence of our Razer Chroma engine are changing the way we game today. We and our publishing and technology partners are working toward new visual solution for an even more incredible and visually rich tomorrow."
Project Ariana is a high-definition video projector that uses an ultra-wide fish eye lens and advanced processing capabilities to extend the gaming experience into an entire room. The system adapts the projection of in-game elements to the dimensions and features of the physical environment. A pair of 3D depth sensing cameras together with proprietary calibration software automatically calibrates itself to detect environmental factors such as furniture and room lighting, to provide the perfect display for any room.
The concept is being demonstrated to attendees of the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas at the Razer booth - South Hall 3 booth: 30320.
"This is the future of Razer Chroma as we see it," says Tan. "We are working toward new video projection technology designed to place users in their games for total gaming immersion. Having a game literally surround a gamer completes the entire ecosystem of gaming, bridging the sensory gap between player and game."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 Pro for $12 and Rise of the Tomb Raider for $8.54
- PUBG's new update includes ranking system and SO MUCH MORE
- Rocket League flies past 50 million players
- Fortnite now has an insane 78 million monthly players
- Devil May Cry 5 won't require high-end GPU
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Fish'n'Grow 'Sailor Cats' now available on iOS and Android
- Deemo Coming to Nintendo Switch This Winter, With Nintendo Labo Piano Support
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat