Sharkoon expands their popular Rapid-Case series with their fastest one yet, which thanks to its USB 3.1 interface offers a data transfer rate of up to 10 gigabits per second.
The Sharkoon Rapid-Case 2.5" USB 3.1 Type-C is an external housing which can accommodate 2.5" SATA hard drives or 2.5" SSDs with a maximum height of 9.5 mm. Thanks to its USB 3.1 interface, the Rapid-Case offers a data transfer rate of up to 10 gigabits per second as well as up to 70% increase read and 40% increase write speeds on UASP capable host controllers.
The internal SATA interface of the Rapid-Case supports SATA Revision 3.0 and is also backwards compatible to previous Revisions. The Rapid-Case connects via its included cable with future-proof, two-way Type-C plug to every PC, laptop and MacBook with corresponding Type-C port. A discreet status LED next to the USB 3.1 interface indicates operation and data transfer.
2.5" hard drives or SSDs can be installed quickly and easily. Unscrew the two housing screws with the provided screwdriver and then connecting the hard drive to the controller board. Once that is done simply slide the hard drive with the controller board into the housing and then screw into place.
The housing is made from robust aluminum and provides optimum protection for the hard drive. It fits into every pants pocket and is ideal for carrying important data thanks to its light weight of only 83 g and slim profile. The design of the housing is deliberately minimalist-elegant with a brushed surface finish and is available in both black and silver color versions.
The Sharkoon Rapid-Case 2.5" USB 3.1 Type-C is now available for the suggested retail price of 24.99 euros from authorized retailers.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 Pro for $12 and Rise of the Tomb Raider for $8.54
- PUBG's new update includes ranking system and SO MUCH MORE
- Rocket League flies past 50 million players
- Fortnite now has an insane 78 million monthly players
- Devil May Cry 5 won't require high-end GPU
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Fish'n'Grow 'Sailor Cats' now available on iOS and Android
- Deemo Coming to Nintendo Switch This Winter, With Nintendo Labo Piano Support
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat