Sharkoon expands their popular Rapid-Case series with their fastest one yet, which thanks to its USB 3.1 interface offers a data transfer rate of up to 10 gigabits per second.
The Sharkoon Rapid-Case 2.5" USB 3.1 Type-C is an external housing which can accommodate 2.5" SATA hard drives or 2.5" SSDs with a maximum height of 9.5 mm. Thanks to its USB 3.1 interface, the Rapid-Case offers a data transfer rate of up to 10 gigabits per second as well as up to 70% increase read and 40% increase write speeds on UASP capable host controllers.
The internal SATA interface of the Rapid-Case supports SATA Revision 3.0 and is also backwards compatible to previous Revisions. The Rapid-Case connects via its included cable with future-proof, two-way Type-C plug to every PC, laptop and MacBook with corresponding Type-C port. A discreet status LED next to the USB 3.1 interface indicates operation and data transfer.
2.5" hard drives or SSDs can be installed quickly and easily. Unscrew the two housing screws with the provided screwdriver and then connecting the hard drive to the controller board. Once that is done simply slide the hard drive with the controller board into the housing and then screw into place.
The housing is made from robust aluminum and provides optimum protection for the hard drive. It fits into every pants pocket and is ideal for carrying important data thanks to its light weight of only 83 g and slim profile. The design of the housing is deliberately minimalist-elegant with a brushed surface finish and is available in both black and silver color versions.
The Sharkoon Rapid-Case 2.5" USB 3.1 Type-C is now available for the suggested retail price of 24.99 euros from authorized retailers.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit