Sharkoon expands their popular Rapid-Case series with their fastest one yet, which thanks to its USB 3.1 interface offers a data transfer rate of up to 10 gigabits per second.
The Sharkoon Rapid-Case 2.5" USB 3.1 Type-C is an external housing which can accommodate 2.5" SATA hard drives or 2.5" SSDs with a maximum height of 9.5 mm. Thanks to its USB 3.1 interface, the Rapid-Case offers a data transfer rate of up to 10 gigabits per second as well as up to 70% increase read and 40% increase write speeds on UASP capable host controllers.
The internal SATA interface of the Rapid-Case supports SATA Revision 3.0 and is also backwards compatible to previous Revisions. The Rapid-Case connects via its included cable with future-proof, two-way Type-C plug to every PC, laptop and MacBook with corresponding Type-C port. A discreet status LED next to the USB 3.1 interface indicates operation and data transfer.
2.5" hard drives or SSDs can be installed quickly and easily. Unscrew the two housing screws with the provided screwdriver and then connecting the hard drive to the controller board. Once that is done simply slide the hard drive with the controller board into the housing and then screw into place.
The housing is made from robust aluminum and provides optimum protection for the hard drive. It fits into every pants pocket and is ideal for carrying important data thanks to its light weight of only 83 g and slim profile. The design of the housing is deliberately minimalist-elegant with a brushed surface finish and is available in both black and silver color versions.
The Sharkoon Rapid-Case 2.5" USB 3.1 Type-C is now available for the suggested retail price of 24.99 euros from authorized retailers.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Andriod lollipop users now have Google Assistant
- Largest stolen credential data base found to date
- Twitch is now featured as an Alexa Echo Skill
- Google Duo rolled out to standard dial app
- PAYDAY 2 coming to the Nintendo Switch in February 2018
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series