ADATA Technology, a leading manufacturer of high performance DRAM modules, NAND Flash products, and mobile accessories today launched the Ultimate SU900 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s SSD, which signals further expansion in 3D NAND Flash storage.
Moves big to 3D NAND Flash with an SSD that packs up to 2TB in a high performance package
The SU900 delivers high-grade 3D MLC NAND and uses the SMI 2258 controller. Most importantly, it offers up to 2TB capacity, reinforced by performance-boosting SLC Cache Buffer and DRAM Cache. For data integrity, the SU900 offers LDPC error correction, data shaping, wear leveling, and RAID Engine. It reaches 560MB/s read and 525MB/s write, and includes a 2.5mm spacer and 3.5" bracket in the box. ADATA provides a 5-year warranty with the drive.
3D MLC NAND in diverse capacities
The time has come for 3D NAND SSDs to realize their higher density potential, and so the SU900 lineup includes a 2TB model. However, consumers can choose 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB variants based on needs and budgets. Flash on the SU900 is high-grade 3D MLC (multi-level cell), ensuring improved reliability, longevity, and performance.
The SSD employs an SMI 2258 controller, pushing 560MB/s read, 525MB/s write, and 85K/90K IOPS. Thanks to ADATA sorting and quality assurance, the SU900 has a TBW (total bytes written) of up to 800TB and an MTBF (mean time before failure) of 2,000,000 hours.
Sustained high performance and tight data integrity
While many SSDs claim high theoretical speeds, their performance can be compromised by heavy data loads or long read/write sessions. Like most ADATA SSDs, the SU900 has onboard DRAM Cache Buffer and SLC Cache Buffer (pSLC mode) to compensate for stress and make sure performance does not suffer undesirable dips.
To minimize NAND cell wear-out, the SU900 supports data shaping, wear leveling, and RAID Engine. It also has intelligent LDPC ECC (low density parity check error-correcting code) to eliminate the vast majority of potential data errors.
Consequently, the SU900 not only vastly outperforms mechanical drives but is also exponentially more dependable long-term.
Complete package for easy, seamless install and continued peace of mind
The standard 7mm height and 2.5" form factor of the SU900 fits any ultrabook, notebook, and the PS4/PS4 Pro, making for a quick and smooth swap-in upgrade. The retail box also contains a 2.5mm spacer/riser for a better fit in 9.5mm tall drive bays, as well as a 3.5" bracket.
This ensures virtually universal installation ease on everything from the lightest ultrabooks to high-end desktops. Reflecting the quality and care that go into producing the SU900, the SSD is covered by a 5-year warranty.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit