Next Generation Esports (NGE), the leading independent North American esports company, and Stunlock Studios, developers of Battlerite and Bloodline Champions, today announced BattleRekt, an ongoing competitive Battlerite tournament. NGE will produce, direct, and broadcast the BattleRekt tournament on Twitch from its studios in Burbank, California.
Battlerite players have the chance to compete in weekly PvP brawls for over $10,000 in cash prizes, starting in November and lasting through January
Starting today, Battlerite players can sign up for the preliminary season of BattleRekt to compete in weekly player versus player arena battles, culminating in a season finale at the end of each month. BattleRekt will feature 256 North American and European teams competing weekly in 2v2 and 3v3 formats with over $10,000 in cash prizing. Season One will begin on December 2, immediately following the first three weeks of preliminaries.
Expertly designed for competitive esports gaming, Battlerite pairs a top-down shooter perspective with fast-paced, action packed rounds. Players fight side-by-side with teammates to the sound of the roaring crowd in vibrant, colosseum-style surroundings.
Rickard Frisegard, CEO of Stunlock Studios said, "Arena brawlers have exploded in popularity, and Battlerite is leading the charge in shaping this genre for esports. Partnering with NGE on BattleRekt will allow our growing community to compete in a definitive Battlerite competition."
Andy Vander Woude, CEO and co-founder of NGE said, "We've been huge fans of Battlerite since its launch, with its smooth action-packed gameplay, and unique characters and maps. We are very excited to show fans what we have in store with BattleRekt, and take competitive Battlerite to the next level."
BattleRekt begins on November 15 and continues through January 2017. BattleRekt will be streamed on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/BattleRekt. For additional broadcast and signup information, visit the BattleRekt website at https://www.BattleRekt.com.
About Stunlock Studios
Founded in 2010 in Skovde, Sweden, Stunlock Studios is a development studio dedicated to competitive gaming. Its games Battlerite and Bloodline Champions are available on PC. For more information, visit https://www.stunlockstudios.com.
About Next Generation Esports
Next Generation Esports (NGE) is the premier independent esports production company dedicated to elevating the next generation of competitive game franchises, including Clash Royale, Rocket League, Vainglory, and Paragon. NGE provides end-to-end professional league operations, amateur tournaments, live events, and original content tailor-made for each game's audience. Broadcasting from NGE studios in Burbank, California, NGE strives to unify gamers as competitors, spectators, and community. For more information, visit https://www.nge.io.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- Hasselblad's new camera snaps 400-megapixel photos
- Crytek starts sign-ups for Hunt: Showdown closed Alpha
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series