ESL, the world's largest esports company, and SLIVER.tv, a next-generation esports 360-degree virtual reality entertainment platform, are partnering for the first-ever live-stream of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and League of Legends featuring augmented live stats integrated into the Virtual Reality stream at Intel Extreme Masters on November 19-20.
Virtual reality live-streaming unlocks a unique opportunity to transform the esports spectator experience by teleporting the viewer inside top esports games like CS:GO and LoL, and enhancing that experience with real-time player, game and "key moment" stats. ESL is providing this augmented spectator experience in partnership with SLIVER.tv and its VRLiveStats platform. Viewers around the world can for the first-time feel the visual imagery of esports, the intense spirit of competition in CS:GO and LoL tournaments, and get real-time stats including player KDAs (Kill-deaths-assists), event timeline with bomb plants, defuses, kills with various weapons and "key moment" stats such as 2k, 3k and multi-kill streaks by player in round.
Stuart Ewen, Product Manager ESL, said: "SLIVER.tv is helping us raise the bar for VR live streaming with VRLiveStats. Having a real-time in depth look at everything that happens in a CS:GO match is something unique to a VR broadcast. Now, viewers not only have a bird's eye view of all the action and a first person feed, but also all of the statistics to put together a high level view of how a round or match unfolds. All of this is only possible in a VR environment."
Mitch Liu, co-founder and CEO of SLIVER.tv, said: "We're thrilled to work with ESL to showcase our VRLiveStats technology. Our vision is to transform the eSports spectator landscape forever, and incorporating augmented live stats into our VR 360 live-streams of CS:GO and LoL is a big step towards this vision. Fans around the world can now access valuable game stats and information in real-time, all within a natural, immersive VR experience."
George Woo, esports marketing manager at Intel, said: "Each season we push the boundaries of innovation by adding new elements to make IEM more exciting and immersive for fans. This year you can experience IEM for the first time in VR through SLIVER.tv. Powerful and thrilling VR experiences like SLIVER.tv demand a high performance PC -and that is where Intel excels with its latest Intel Core i7 Extreme Processor. With SLIVER.tv IEM is going to be even more exciting for gamers and create new VR fans."
IEM Oakland will be broadcast in virtual reality using a platform agnostic method that is viewable through a website, mobile device, or VR headset exclusively through SLIVER.tv's platform. Fans worldwide can download and install the SLIVER.tv Android and iOS apps to watch in mobile Panorama-360 or using Google Cardboard, as well as on the company's website. For a premium experience, users can download the SLIVER.tv GearVR, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive apps to watch in full VR.
- Website - http://www.sliver.tv
- Google Play Store- https://play.Google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.sliver.android
- Apple App Store - https://itunes.apple.com/app/sliver.tv/id1122750888?mt=8
- Oculus GearVR - https://www.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/1170793196320382/
- HTC Vive - http://store.steampowered.com/app/525100/
- Oculus Rift - https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1212860585450625/
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure