In an introductory video released today (http://www.nintendo.com/switch), Nintendo provided the first glimpse of its new home gaming system and revealed that it is called Nintendo Switch. In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system to enable unprecedented new video game play styles.
"Nintendo Switch allows gamers the freedom to play however they like"
At home, Nintendo Switch rests in the Nintendo Switch Dock that connects the system to the TV and lets you play with family and friends in the comfort of your living room. By simply lifting Nintendo Switch from the dock, the system will instantly transition to portable mode, and the same great gaming experience that was being enjoyed at home now travels with you. The portability of Nintendo Switch is enhanced by its bright high-definition display. It brings the full home gaming system experience with you to the park, on an airplane, in a car, or to a friend's apartment.
Gaming springs into action by removing detachable Joy-Con controllers from either side of Nintendo Switch. One player can use a Joy-Con controller in each hand; two players can each take one; or multiple Joy-Con can be employed by numerous people for a variety of gameplay options.
They can easily click back into place or be slipped into a Joy-Con Grip accessory, mirroring a more traditional controller. Or, if preferred, the gamer can select an optional Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to use instead of the Joy-Con controllers. Furthermore, it is possible for numerous people to bring their Nintendo Switch systems together to enjoy local multiplayer face-to-face competition.
"Nintendo Switch allows gamers the freedom to play however they like," said Reggie Fils-Aime, President and COO, Nintendo of America. "It gives game developers new abilities to bring their creative visions to life by opening up the concept of gaming without boundaries."
Developers can design their games supporting a variety of play styles, which gives gamers the freedom to choose an experience that best suits them. Some of the publishers, developers and middleware partners announcing support for Nintendo Switch are as follows:
- 505 Games
- LEVEL-5 Inc.
- Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Marvelous Inc.
- ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd.
- Maximum Games, LLC
- ATLUS CO., LTD.
- Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
- Audiokinetic Inc.
- Parity Bit Inc.
- Autodesk, Inc.
- PlatinumGames Inc.
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
- RAD Game Tools, Inc.
- RecoChoku Co., Ltd.
- CAPCOM CO., LTD.
- SEGA Games Co., Ltd.
- Silicon Studio Corporation
- CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.
- Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
- DeNA Co., Ltd.
- SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
- Electronic Arts
- Starbreeze Studios
- Epic Games Inc.
- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
- Firelight Technologies
- Telltale Games
- FromSoftware, Inc.
- THQ Nordic
- Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.
- TT Games
- GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC.
- Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc.
- Ubitus Inc.
- HAMSTER Corporation
- Unity Technologies, Inc.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- NTI CREATES CO., LTD.
- Web Technology Corp
- KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.
- Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
Today's video incorporated short glimpses of representative gameplay to demonstrate the liberating nature of the Nintendo Switch home gaming system. Full game demonstrations, the list of launch window titles, as well as launch date, price, product configuration and related specifics, will be shown and announced prior to the March launch.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Inland Professional SATA III moves to 2nd place at Amazon
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit