New VIA In-Vehicle Platform for Driving Next-Generation Car PCs
VIA IVP-7500 board with advanced multimedia features offers system integrators
the perfect in-vehicle PC platform
Taipei, Taiwan, March 19, 2009 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today released the VIA IVP-7500 board, the first in a series of dedicated x86 in-vehicle platforms for developers of car PCs and intelligent transportation devices.
The continued evolution of the PC as a multimedia playback device for audio and video entertainment means that car owners are now demanding access to their digital media library whilst on the road. In-vehicle PCs offers access to intelligent global satellite positioning services for accurate location tracking, route planning and navigation.
Today's cutting-edge consumer can employ in-car mounted cameras for video assisted parking and highway surveillance recording, while commercial customers can have access to license plate recognition, fleet management, digital tachograph, odometer and security applications.
Designed from the ground up for the rigours of in-vehicle computing, the VIA IVP-7500 is a versatile, scalable and highly power-efficient processor platform with strong multimedia performance. Customers have the option of fanless designs implementations for industrial and grade stability. The flexible VIA IVP-7500 measures 114mm x 185.5mm and can be employed in a variety of dashboard implementations, including one or two DIN designs as well as discrete, in-seat and headrest designs.
"Intelligent transportation devices are making the transition from an enthusiast to mainstream audience," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The VIA IVP-7500 carries our expertise in developing stable, compact, energy-efficient systems to this high-growth sector, bringing with it faster product development cycles and the flexibility to offer consumers more than just a car PC."
About the VIA IVP-7500 Board
The VIA IVP-7500 is powered by a fanless 1.0GHz VIA Eden processor and supports up to 1GB of DDR2 system memory. A range of display technologies are supported including an LCD (TTL) panel interface, TV-out and VGA outputs and camera ports including A/V (via mini-USB) and V-CAM for monitoring applications.
Storage includes IDE 1.8" hard drive support with FFC cable and SD card support. HD audio is provided with optional SPK (R+L) and Mic-in connectors.
Communications technologies include a GPS module with IPEX antenna, an FM stereo transmitter and Bluetooth. Two USB 2.0 ports plus a COM port are included as well as an infra red adapter for hands-free applications.
VIA is currently offering samples of the VIA IVP-7500 board to project customers. For more information please visit:
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. https://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Borderlands 2 is free-to-play and 75% off Steam this weekend
- Amazon plan 1984-style facial recognition tech for US cities
- Apple block Valve's Steam Link app over 'business conflicts'
- GeForce 397.93 drivers optimized for State of Decay 2, more
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit