Razer, a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers, today announced the new Razer Blade 14-inch gaming laptop. Striking a perfect balance of power and mobility, the new Blade is designed to be the most portable PC that can play games at maximum settings. Earning a multitude of editors' choice awards from LinusTechTips, PC Magazine, Laptop Mag and more for its performance and portability, the new Razer Blade is now more powerful than ever by way of a next-generation NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics processor.
Designed with the new NVIDIA Pascal architecture, the GPU is three times faster than its predecessor, with a performance increase of more than 40 percent. The result of this enhancement is incredible graphics power that allows users to game at max settings effortlessly while enjoying realistic cinematic experiences with technologies like NVIDIA GameWorks.
The performance of the new Razer Blade is packed into the thinnest design available in its class. Measuring just 0.7 inches thin and weighing just over four pounds, the laptop sets a new milestone in terms of power per cubic inch. Built with a unibody CNC aluminum chassis, the Blade's svelte exterior is also incredibly durable.
The Razer Blade is optimized for VR performance with low latency and plug-and-play compatibility. It also supports the capture of 360-degree images to view in VR in games that support NVIDIA Ansel technology. This makes the Razer Blade the most portable virtual reality system available today.
"There has never been a better balance of performance and portability in a PC," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. "Five years ago, the idea of managing this level of heat in a small chassis was thought to be impossible, but we did just that with the original Razer Blade. Since then, we've continued to listen to our community and improve upon that design and thermal management. In many ways, this is the perfect laptop that was designed for gamers by gamers."
The Razer Blade comes standard with a 6th Gen Intel Core i7 quad-core processor, 16 GB of DDR4 dual-channel memory, Killer Wireless-AC and Thunderbolt 3 connectivity. The system offers more storage than ever before with up to a 1TB PCIe SSD option and fast data transfer speeds. Other features include an anti-ghosting keyboard that is powered by Razer Chroma. This technology unlocks a virtually endless array of dazzling lighting effects that can be customized or synced to display in-game events.
Two display options are available for gamers to choose from. A Full HD model offers the best frame rates and a matte screen for minimal glare, while a touch-enabled 3200x1800 QHD+ display provides stunning visual clarity.
The 14-inch Blade is one of two announcements in Razer's systems family lineup this week, the other being the new Razer Blade Stealth. The 12.5-inch Razer Blade Stealth was named the "Best PC" at CES earlier this year for its combination of performance, value, expandability and portability.
PRICE: Starts at U.S. $1799.
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core Processor (2.6GHz / 3.5GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5 VRAM)
- 16 GB System Memory (DDR4, 2133MHz)
- Windows 10 64-bit
- 256GB / 512GB / 1 TB SSD (PCIe M.2) options
- 14.0-in. IGZO QHD+, 3200x1800, capacitive multi-touch / 14.0-in. IPS Full HD Matte, 1920x1080 options
- Anti-ghosting keyboard with per-key lighting powered by Razer Chroma
- Killer Wireless-AC 1535 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.1)
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 2.0 video and audio output
- 3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo port
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Array microphone
- Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
- Kensington security slot
- Compact 165W power adapter
- Built-in 70 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Approx. Size: 0.70 in. / 17.9 mm (Height) x 13.6 in. / 345 mm (Width) x 9.3 in. / 235 mm (Depth)
- Approx. Weight (QHD+): 4.30 lbs. / 1.95 kg
- Approx. Weight (Full HD): 4.16 lbs. / 1.89 kg
Latest News Posts
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000MHz 32GB Memory Kit Review
- Asrock A97x Killer and Evga 980TI help
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases