AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today unleashed the new Radeon RX 460 graphics card, engineered from the ground up for eSports gamers who demand pristine HD gaming, extraordinarily smooth beyond-HD streaming capabilities, and a distinguished assortment of future-proof[i] gaming technologies. With an ultra-quiet cooling solution and sub-75W power footprint, the Radeon RX 460 brings this wide array of enthusiast class features with a stunning SEP starting at $109.
"The Radeon RX 460 delivers the perfect balance of price, power, performance and package size, the four key pillars of modern GPUs," said Raja Koduri, senior vice president and chief architect, Radeon Technologies Group, AMD.
"The Radeon RX Series is built on architecture designed for extraordinary power efficiency and is especially well suited to desktop gaming PCs targeted at mainstream price points. Radeon RX 460 users will enjoy an optimized software and hardware graphics card solution ideal for both eSports and iCafe systems."
The supercharged Radeon RX 460 graphics card delivers surprising performance in the most popular global eSports titles, and was engineered from the ground up to take advantage of next generation DirectX 12 and Vulkan APIs that power the most popular AAA game titles. The Radeon RX 460 graphics card has up to 14 compute units, 2/4 GB GDDR5 memory and 2.2 teraflops processing power, yet typical board power is less than 75 watts, making it ideal for iCafe deployments that typically place a high value on a low power footprint. This produces astonishingly quiet gaming and incredible frame-rates.
Radeon RX 460 Features
Astounding 1080p Gaming - Optimized for the most popular resolution gamers use today, the Radeon RX 460 graphics card delivers superior framerates at 1080p in eSports titles such as League of Legends, Overwatch and DOTA 2, even allowing for better image quality and reduction of "jaggies" with the Virtual Super Resolution feature[ii], and smooth gameplay using AMD Freesync technology, and latency optimizations available from Radeon Settings. The Radeon RX 460 excels in DirectX 12 and Vulkan, APIs that are powering the future of gaming.
Cool & Quiet Gaming - Gamers can reduce fan noise with silent gaming features made possible by the revolutionary Polaris architecture, optimized for the 14nm FinFET process. The Polaris architecture-based Radeon RX 460 intelligently adapts to card temperature and completely turns off fans during idle and light gaming workloads[iii]. With no power connector and low temperatures, the Radeon RX 460 graphics card is the optimal plug and play option for gamers looking to upgrade.
Stunning HDR Pixels - Featuring a brand new display engine, the Radeon RX 460 graphics card is ready to help power the new generation of HDR content and displays for video and gaming.[iv]
Game Changing Control - As sophisticated as the Polaris architecture-based graphics cards are at a hardware level, the software that powers the cards is equally so. Radeon Software drivers enable the ultimate in performance, features and stability, designed to ensure an exceptionally smooth and fast out-of-box experience.
Radeon RX 460 Availability
Radeon RX 460 graphics cards are available from retailers and e-tailers around the world starting today. For more information on where to buy, visit http://shop.amd.com/en-us.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple CEO: quality AR impossible with today's technology
- GoG slashes epic RPG prices for Witcher's 10th birthday
- Cyberpunk 2077 progressing according to plan, says CDPR
- New South Park game parodies frequent console updates
- IGN have acquired retailer Humble Bundle
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- ASUS Lyra Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi Router System Review
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard