Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (TAEC), a committed technology leader, today announced Flashmatrix, a new, all-flash, big data analytic platform technology. Flashmatrix is well suited for the growing need for real-time/streaming analytics in distributed systems targeted at high data intensive applications in manufacturing, finance, medical and security. TAEC will debut the technology at this week's 2016 Flash Memory Summit.
This new breed of Superconverged infrastructure features integrated compute, storage and network elements optimized for high performance. With its unique architecture of NAND flash memory arranged in a matrix, Flashmatrix enables multiple data sets to be accessed in parallel and scaled linearly. All of the NAND flash memory is shared by every CPU allowing for flexibility and high performance. The entire platform is in 2U enclosure and offers linear rack scale scalability. Flashmatrix is optimally designed for low power consumption.
"Big data processing can face multiple problems in scaling, latency and power as the customer demands increase," said Ralph Schmitt, Executive of System Development at Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc.
"Flashmatrix addresses each of those issues to create a system that is a true solution for analytic processing by offering low-power-consumption, parallel processing to reduce system latency, card level scaling and a large non-volatile memory space shared by all CPUs. Flashmatrix continues Toshiba's mission to persistently develop innovative technologies to make the best use of NAND flash memory."
TAEC will showcase Flashmatrix at booth 407 at the 2016 Flash Memory Summit, taking place August 9-11 in Santa Clara, California. Shigeo (Jeff) Ohshima, Technology Executive, Memory Design and Application Engineering, and Yoichiro Tanaka, Sr. Fellow, both of TAEC, will also be keynoting at Flash Memory Summit with their presentation, "New 3D Flash Technologies Offer Both Low Cost and Low Power Solutions," on Tuesday, August 9th from noon - 12:30 p.m. PT.
For more information on Toshiba's line of Storage solutions and NAND Flash Memory solutions, please visit:http://toshiba.semicon-storage.com. To connect with Toshiba Storage, follow @ToshibaStorage on Twitter.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple CEO: quality AR impossible with today's technology
- GoG slashes epic RPG prices for Witcher's 10th birthday
- Cyberpunk 2077 progressing according to plan, says CDPR
- New South Park game parodies frequent console updates
- IGN have acquired retailer Humble Bundle
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard