Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (TAEC), a committed technology leader, today announced Flashmatrix, a new, all-flash, big data analytic platform technology. Flashmatrix is well suited for the growing need for real-time/streaming analytics in distributed systems targeted at high data intensive applications in manufacturing, finance, medical and security. TAEC will debut the technology at this week's 2016 Flash Memory Summit.
This new breed of Superconverged infrastructure features integrated compute, storage and network elements optimized for high performance. With its unique architecture of NAND flash memory arranged in a matrix, Flashmatrix enables multiple data sets to be accessed in parallel and scaled linearly. All of the NAND flash memory is shared by every CPU allowing for flexibility and high performance. The entire platform is in 2U enclosure and offers linear rack scale scalability. Flashmatrix is optimally designed for low power consumption.
"Big data processing can face multiple problems in scaling, latency and power as the customer demands increase," said Ralph Schmitt, Executive of System Development at Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc.
"Flashmatrix addresses each of those issues to create a system that is a true solution for analytic processing by offering low-power-consumption, parallel processing to reduce system latency, card level scaling and a large non-volatile memory space shared by all CPUs. Flashmatrix continues Toshiba's mission to persistently develop innovative technologies to make the best use of NAND flash memory."
TAEC will showcase Flashmatrix at booth 407 at the 2016 Flash Memory Summit, taking place August 9-11 in Santa Clara, California. Shigeo (Jeff) Ohshima, Technology Executive, Memory Design and Application Engineering, and Yoichiro Tanaka, Sr. Fellow, both of TAEC, will also be keynoting at Flash Memory Summit with their presentation, "New 3D Flash Technologies Offer Both Low Cost and Low Power Solutions," on Tuesday, August 9th from noon - 12:30 p.m. PT.
For more information on Toshiba's line of Storage solutions and NAND Flash Memory solutions, please visit:http://toshiba.semicon-storage.com. To connect with Toshiba Storage, follow @ToshibaStorage on Twitter.
Latest News Posts
- New Switch refresh has 9 hours battery life, same specs
- Gamestop to transform stores into retro arcades
- Interactive website plays 50yr Apollo 11 launch in real-time
- 2mm tiny-bots to regenerate your health from the inside out
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC 'Hero' to drop this Summer
- NZXT H500i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access