Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (TAEC), a committed technology leader, today announced Flashmatrix, a new, all-flash, big data analytic platform technology. Flashmatrix is well suited for the growing need for real-time/streaming analytics in distributed systems targeted at high data intensive applications in manufacturing, finance, medical and security. TAEC will debut the technology at this week's 2016 Flash Memory Summit.
This new breed of Superconverged infrastructure features integrated compute, storage and network elements optimized for high performance. With its unique architecture of NAND flash memory arranged in a matrix, Flashmatrix enables multiple data sets to be accessed in parallel and scaled linearly. All of the NAND flash memory is shared by every CPU allowing for flexibility and high performance. The entire platform is in 2U enclosure and offers linear rack scale scalability. Flashmatrix is optimally designed for low power consumption.
"Big data processing can face multiple problems in scaling, latency and power as the customer demands increase," said Ralph Schmitt, Executive of System Development at Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc.
"Flashmatrix addresses each of those issues to create a system that is a true solution for analytic processing by offering low-power-consumption, parallel processing to reduce system latency, card level scaling and a large non-volatile memory space shared by all CPUs. Flashmatrix continues Toshiba's mission to persistently develop innovative technologies to make the best use of NAND flash memory."
TAEC will showcase Flashmatrix at booth 407 at the 2016 Flash Memory Summit, taking place August 9-11 in Santa Clara, California. Shigeo (Jeff) Ohshima, Technology Executive, Memory Design and Application Engineering, and Yoichiro Tanaka, Sr. Fellow, both of TAEC, will also be keynoting at Flash Memory Summit with their presentation, "New 3D Flash Technologies Offer Both Low Cost and Low Power Solutions," on Tuesday, August 9th from noon - 12:30 p.m. PT.
For more information on Toshiba's line of Storage solutions and NAND Flash Memory solutions, please visit:http://toshiba.semicon-storage.com. To connect with Toshiba Storage, follow @ToshibaStorage on Twitter.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Crytek starts sign-ups for Hunt: Showdown closed Alpha
- Windows 10 updates fix bricked AMD-powered PCs
- Activision CEO to leave company
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- Playground Games making new Fable, sources say
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series