Synology Inc. today launched DS216j, a NAS perfect for home media streaming, as well as file sharing and backup. Powered by a dual-core CPU with a floating-point unit (FPU), the 2-bay NAS is designed for home and personal users that are in need of a reliable, highly efficient home server requiring less power consumption. "With Synology's intuitive user interface, upgraded platform, and versatile features, we hope to make DS216j the best home server for users who use NAS to stream multimedia content, share and sync files, as well as backup data," said Jason Fan, Product Manager at Synology Inc.
DS216j's main CPU is enhanced with a built-in floating-point unit (FPU) that speeds up thumbnail generation. It delivers file transfer speeds of 112.75 Mb/s reading and 97.6 Mb/s writing. Moreover, DS216j is designed with energy efficiency in mind, consuming only 14.85W during peak usage and 6.95W when hibernating. Thanks to the above features, users are able to enjoy a fast and efficient experience in an eco-friendly way.
DS216j runs DiskStation Manager (DSM), the most advanced and intuitive operating system for NAS devices. With its wide range of applications from multimedia file sharing to backup, DSM satisfies all essential home entertainment, as well as backup and file sharing needs. Synology has received numerous media accolades, including PC Mag Readers' Choice for four years in a row.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- GoG slashes epic RPG prices for Witcher's 10th birthday
- Cyberpunk 2077 progressing according to plan, says CDPR
- New South Park game parodies frequent console updates
- IGN have acquired retailer Humble Bundle
- Discord introduces Verified Servers
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- ASUS Lyra Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi Router System Review
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard