Synology Inc. today launched DS216j, a NAS perfect for home media streaming, as well as file sharing and backup. Powered by a dual-core CPU with a floating-point unit (FPU), the 2-bay NAS is designed for home and personal users that are in need of a reliable, highly efficient home server requiring less power consumption. "With Synology's intuitive user interface, upgraded platform, and versatile features, we hope to make DS216j the best home server for users who use NAS to stream multimedia content, share and sync files, as well as backup data," said Jason Fan, Product Manager at Synology Inc.
DS216j's main CPU is enhanced with a built-in floating-point unit (FPU) that speeds up thumbnail generation. It delivers file transfer speeds of 112.75 Mb/s reading and 97.6 Mb/s writing. Moreover, DS216j is designed with energy efficiency in mind, consuming only 14.85W during peak usage and 6.95W when hibernating. Thanks to the above features, users are able to enjoy a fast and efficient experience in an eco-friendly way.
DS216j runs DiskStation Manager (DSM), the most advanced and intuitive operating system for NAS devices. With its wide range of applications from multimedia file sharing to backup, DSM satisfies all essential home entertainment, as well as backup and file sharing needs. Synology has received numerous media accolades, including PC Mag Readers' Choice for four years in a row.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo R&D experimenting with new games hardware
- Halo 6 might hit 4K 60FPS
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit