This year, Paradox Interactive will be out in force at the 2016 Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco. On Tuesday, March 15, 2016, Paradox will host a press conference in San Francisco to highlight a number of forthcoming projects for the year, and share their latest news with fans and media. Those not attending GDC can watch the presentation in a live stream on Twitch, beginning March 15 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive .
In addition, some of the guiding personalities in the development of the studio will be presenting their thoughts and expertise during GDC, and we encourage you to learn some of the secrets behind one of Europe's most successful developers and publishers.
Johan Andersson (EVP Creative Director): Andersson has led the design vision at Paradox Development Studio for over 15 years, leading the development of the early Europa Universalis titles and directing design of most of Paradox's games since.
At GDC, Andersson will share his thoughts on how good community management is a development asset - not just good PR. This session will be presented on Wednesday, March 16 at 3:30 p.m. http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/blurring-the-line-between-community-studio
Chris King (Senior Game Designer): King is a veteran designer whose dedication to the intricacies of the historic modeling that Paradox prizes can be seen in his design of Victoria II and Hearts of Iron III - one a beloved curiosity and the other one of Paradox's best-selling games .
At GDC, King will talk about the challenges that come with designing historical-themed games. This session will be presented on Thursday, March 17 at 5:30 p.m. http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/history-and-game-design
Fredrik Wester (CEO): Throughout his years as CEO, Wester has earned a reputation for his outspokenness and willingness to challenge conventional wisdom in the games industry. In the process, he has helped turn a small studio of a couple of dozen people into a development and publishing power that employs hundreds.
At GDC, Wester will participate in the always-popular GDC Pitch sessions, where independent designers have a chance to pitch their game to a panel of experienced industry professionals. http://www.gdconf.com/events/gdcpitch.html?_mc=BP_LE_CON
Wester will also be giving a lecture on Paradox's publishing success entitled "The successful Paradox of Combining Business Strategy with Nonconforming Game Development," where the strategies that have helped Paradox grow and succeed will be shared. This session will be presented on Friday, March 18 at 3:00 p.m. http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/the-successful-paradox-of-combining-business-strategy-with-nonconforming-game-development
Paradox will also be offering demo sessions for a handful of its in-development titles, including Hearts of Iron IV, Stellaris, and a game to be revealed soon. To inquire about demo appointments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard