Boston-Power's Ecolabel-Certified Lithium-ion Battery Technology, Sonata, Now Available for HP Notebooks
HP Enviro Series Program Batteries Based on Sonata Supported by Wide Range of Consumer Notebooks from World's No. 1 Provider of PCs
WESTBOROUGH, Mass. - March 16, 2009 - Boston-Power's longer lasting, Ecolabel-certified battery technology, Sonata, is available to consumer notebook PC customers starting today via HP.
New HP batteries based on Sonata technology are available as accessories for 18 existing notebook models representing approximately 70 percent of HP's consumer notebook PC portfolio.
In addition to first-of-its-kind environmental certifications, Sonata Li-ion battery cells deliver sustainable performance for three years - three times longer than most other notebook computer batteries. In fact, HP is providing a three-year warranty on the batteries - the first and only notebook computer provider in the industry to offer such a warranty.
Now available at https://www.hpshopping.com, the new HP battery based on Sonata is available as an accessory priced at $149.99. Later this month, the HP battery will be available as a point-of-sale option for consumers buying new HP notebooks at https://www.hpshopping.com. The battery's "drop-in" form factor enables it to be used with existing computers - including models in the HP Pavilion, HP HDX, Compaq Presario and HP G series. A complete list of compatible individual models is available at http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/NH493AA%2523ABA. More information can also be found on Boston-Power's site at http://www.boston-power.com/enviro.
"From the beginning, our goal has been to help notebook computer users benefit from optimal mobility with dependable, high-performance, environmentally sustainable batteries," said Boston-Power Founder and CEO Dr. Christina Lampe-Onnerud. "HP's endorsement of Sonata is a great step forward in popularizing this battery technology."
"HP delivers customers innovative products that respect our planet," said Jonathan Kaye, director of consumer notebooks marketing at HP. "The Enviro Series program gives PC users longer lasting batteries that improve their computing experience while reducing the number of batteries that need to be recycled. That's a win for everyone."
Boston-Power is the first and only provider whose rechargeable Li-ion battery cells have earned the prestigious Nordic Ecolabel certification. The company has additionally earned a similar world's-first certification for its battery cells from the Chinese Environmental Protection Agency. Sonata's patent-pending, whole-system design makes it capable of benefiting a wide range of end-applications - from consumer electronics to transportation. As a result, total cost of ownership benefits inherent in notebook computer batteries prove increasingly impressive in cases where even greater power is required.
Boston-Power, Inc. is an award-winning provider of next-generation Lithium-ion batteries. Designed to power a wide range of end-applications, its flagship offering, Sonata, is a notebook computer battery. Founded in 2005 and with more than 60 patents filed, Boston-Power is led by Founder and CEO Dr. Christina Lampe-Onnerud, an internationally recognized strategy and technology advisor to the top players in the portable power and energy storage industries. To date, the company has raised $125 million in venture funding from Foundation Asset Management, Oak Investment Partners, Venrock, GGV Capital and Gabriel Venture Partners. Boston-Power is headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts and has Six Sigma-level mass manufacturing operations in Greater China.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made almost $300 million in April
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit