The way people interact with their mobile devices is about to change forever. In a collaboration that brings intuitive, personalized interaction capabilities to the next generation of smart devices, Conexant Systems, Inc. and Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, today announced that Conexant's AudioSmart software has been integrated into the Qualcomm Hexagon digital signal processor (DSP) family, a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. Conexant's AudioSmart software enables highly accurate voice control in smartphones, smart home applications, wearables, robots, IoT devices, and more.
Listening is much harder than it sounds. Enabling speech recognition and voice control from a distance in smart platforms requires overcoming substantial challenges related to echo cancellation, background noise, microphone speaker position and more. Conexant software brings a superior audio experience to the end-user, with excellent listening performance and voice quality in noisy, real-world conditions up to five meters away from the target device.
The Hexagon DSP is a key component of Qualcomm Snapdragon processors, which deliver fast, reliable voice and data features and services to today's smartest devices. "Hexagon is used to process many of the services most consumers tend to judge smartphone quality with like imaging, audio and voice quality" says Travis Lanier, senior director of product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. "Conexant is a leader in audio technology and their AudioSmart software provides the enhanced, voice-controlled mobile experience users are looking for."
As consumers live a more mobile lifestyle and look for ways to do more with ease, the emergence of smart platforms has also raised expectations for an enhanced, personalized audio experience that delivers real value. Consumers want more responsive devices that understand their needs. From next-generation smartphones with their increasingly intelligent personal assistants to smart home and IoT devices that await users' commands, Conexant delivers clearer voice communication and accurate speech recognition even during audio playback.
According to Saleel Awsare, Conexant senior vice president and general manager, "Integrating AudioSmart into the Qualcomm Hexagon DSP furthers our goal of enhancing audio quality on the devices consumers use every day. Qualcomm Technologies' processors are found in over a billion smart devices worldwide, and this is a great opportunity for those users to experience the Conexant difference."
Conexant's AudioSmart software will be available on Snapdragon processors in Q2 2016. Please visit https://www.conexant.com for more details.
Latest News Posts
- YouTuber makes working PC out of lasagna
- Halo 6 won't have battle royale, 343i reiterates
- Genesis Mini's classic games library is shaping up nicely
- Leaked Left 4 Dead 3 screenshots show Middle Eastern theme
- Warhammer: Chaosbane 2nd round of beta access available now
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Massage salon
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!