The way people interact with their mobile devices is about to change forever. In a collaboration that brings intuitive, personalized interaction capabilities to the next generation of smart devices, Conexant Systems, Inc. and Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, today announced that Conexant's AudioSmart software has been integrated into the Qualcomm Hexagon digital signal processor (DSP) family, a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. Conexant's AudioSmart software enables highly accurate voice control in smartphones, smart home applications, wearables, robots, IoT devices, and more.
Listening is much harder than it sounds. Enabling speech recognition and voice control from a distance in smart platforms requires overcoming substantial challenges related to echo cancellation, background noise, microphone speaker position and more. Conexant software brings a superior audio experience to the end-user, with excellent listening performance and voice quality in noisy, real-world conditions up to five meters away from the target device.
The Hexagon DSP is a key component of Qualcomm Snapdragon processors, which deliver fast, reliable voice and data features and services to today's smartest devices. "Hexagon is used to process many of the services most consumers tend to judge smartphone quality with like imaging, audio and voice quality" says Travis Lanier, senior director of product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. "Conexant is a leader in audio technology and their AudioSmart software provides the enhanced, voice-controlled mobile experience users are looking for."
As consumers live a more mobile lifestyle and look for ways to do more with ease, the emergence of smart platforms has also raised expectations for an enhanced, personalized audio experience that delivers real value. Consumers want more responsive devices that understand their needs. From next-generation smartphones with their increasingly intelligent personal assistants to smart home and IoT devices that await users' commands, Conexant delivers clearer voice communication and accurate speech recognition even during audio playback.
According to Saleel Awsare, Conexant senior vice president and general manager, "Integrating AudioSmart into the Qualcomm Hexagon DSP furthers our goal of enhancing audio quality on the devices consumers use every day. Qualcomm Technologies' processors are found in over a billion smart devices worldwide, and this is a great opportunity for those users to experience the Conexant difference."
Conexant's AudioSmart software will be available on Snapdragon processors in Q2 2016. Please visit https://www.conexant.com for more details.
Latest News Posts
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- Nintendo celebrate 1,000 games on Switch with new trailer
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions