Synology Inc. today launched the DiskStation DS216+. The high-performance 2-bay NAS server is aimed at home and small office users who want an efficient and secure storage solution to protect and share data, while enjoying on-the-fly video transcoding.
"With a powerful NAS storage solution, small offices gain access to high-speed file sharing, application serving, and online collaboration. Home users can also transcode and stream high quality video to all of their devices. The DS216+ is designed exactly for these functions. Our users have high expectations, and the DS216+ shows our commitment to meeting our users' needs," said Jones Tsai, hardware design director of Synology Inc.
Equipped with an Intel Celeron Processor N3050 and Intel AES New Instructions (Intel AES-NI) encryption, the DS216+ delivers high-speed performance, exceeding 111 MB/s reading and writing, while ensuring encrypted data transmissions at over 113 MB/s reading and 109 MB/s writing. Additionally, the DS216+ can perform on-the-fly H.264 4K to 1080p video transcoding, making it possible for high definition enthusiasts to stream their multimedia files, regardless of bandwidth or potential device limitations.
"Home and small office users are seeking new levels of performance, security, and intelligence in their storage systems. With the Intel Celeron N3050 processor and Intel AES-NI encryption, the Synology DS216+ satisfies these needs. Together, Intel and Synology are able to deliver greater efficiency and ROI to their customers," said Andrea Nelson, Director of Storage Marketing, Storage Group, Intel.
By implementing the Btrfs file system, the DS216+ offers advanced data protection by enabling point-in-time snapshot and restore, built-in data integrity checks, metadata mirroring, as well as quota control for shared folders (in addition to existing quotas for user accounts). The DS216+ also comes with a tool-less drive tray design with hot-swappable support, and front LED controls - allowing users to adjust LED brightness and schedule settings.
The DS216+ runs DiskStation Manager (DSM), the most advanced and intuitive operating system for NAS devices. Featuring a wide range of applications from backup, network management to multimedia, the DS216+ provides all essential services and increased productivity at work. Synology was voted a "PC Mag Business Choice Award winner" and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, overall satisfaction, value, and likelihood to recommend.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit