ESL, the world's largest esports company, has confirmed it will host at least two premier US$100,000 Heroes of the Storm tournaments in conjunction with Blizzard Entertainment in 2016. Competitions will be held across two continents as part of the inaugural Spring season of Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm Global Championship Circuit.
ESL will hold the first ESL Heroes of the Storm Championship at the ESL America Studios from February 27th - 28th, and the ESL Heroes of the Storm Championship - Katowice at the upcoming world-renowned Intel Extreme Masters Expo in Poland. Each tournament features a US$100,000 prize pool, and the top two teams at each of these ESL Heroes of the Storm Championships will directly qualify for a spot in the US$500,000 Spring Global Championship taking place this April in Korea.
"The ESL Heroes of the Storm Championships in North America and Europe will award US$200,000 across just two months. We're excited to be working together with Blizzard Entertainment on these tournaments, and look forward to the Spring Global Championship and all that is beyond," said Sebastian Weishaar, Senior Vice President International Business at ESL. "2016 will be an exciting year for the community and we look forward to bringing the best of the competitive scene to audiences both online and at the venues themselves."
The ESL Heroes of the Storm Championship - Katowice will be preceded by four qualifier tournaments, the first beginning on January 23. The top two teams from each tournament will qualify themselves for the Championship event in Katowice, set to be played out March 5-6 at the Intel Extreme Masters Expo in co-operation with Intel and Dell. Solidified as the most-watched esports event of all time, the Intel Extreme Masters spectacle in Katowice will see its biggest yet installation in 2016 with top-tier competition across Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft II, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft and more.
For more information regarding the upcoming ESL Heroes of the Storm Championship - Katowice, its qualifiers and more, please visit https://www.eslgaming.com. More information about the Intel Extreme Masters Katowice Expo can be found on https://www.intelextrememasters.com.
The 2016 Heroes of the Storm Global Championship Circuit is composed of three Global Championships-one each in the spring, summer, and fall. In order to earn one of the 12 spots in each season's Global Championship, teams must brawl their way to the top of their respective regions. For more information about the 2016 Heroes of the Storm Global Championship Circuit, read Blizzard's announcement on the official Heroes of the Storm website (www.heroesofthestorm.com).
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ