The world's top women's Counter Strike: Global Offensive teams face-off again at this year's Intel Extreme Masters Expo to compete for $30,000 in prize money at the Intel Challenge. Held in tandem with the Intel Extreme Masters World Championship on March 4-6, 2016, the Intel Challenge remains the premier women's competition organized by Intel Corporation and ESL on the circuit's biggest stop.
The Intel Challenge at Katowice 2016 will feature eight teams from around the world. Five teams will be directly invited from North America, Europe, and Asia. The remaining three slots will be filled by two European and one American team from a series of online qualifiers. Starting on January 17th, the online qualifiers are open to women's teams in NA and EU, and will be hosted by ESEA. Teams can sign up here:
Those who make it to Katowice will battle it out on the Intel Extreme Masters Expo Stage Sunday, March 6th in a single elimination, best of three tournament format with a third place match.
The teams will be flown in for the offline group stage with travel and accommodation provided for. The day's matches will be broadcast on Twitch.tv. For more information about Intel Extreme Masters World Championship in Katowice, please visit the official website.
Teams who would like to be considered for a direct invitation should fill out this form by January 21st. Applicants for a direct invite must still sign-up for the qualifiers. Any team that does not receive confirmation from ESL by January 23rd that they have received a direct invitation will need to play through the qualifiers to receive their bid for the Intel Challenge at Katowice 2016.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Vivo's next smartphone could feature a huge 10GB of RAM
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new external GPU: Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB for $699
- Apple's most expensive new MacBook Pro costs an insane $6700
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit