The world's top women's Counter Strike: Global Offensive teams face-off again at this year's Intel Extreme Masters Expo to compete for $30,000 in prize money at the Intel Challenge. Held in tandem with the Intel Extreme Masters World Championship on March 4-6, 2016, the Intel Challenge remains the premier women's competition organized by Intel Corporation and ESL on the circuit's biggest stop.
The Intel Challenge at Katowice 2016 will feature eight teams from around the world. Five teams will be directly invited from North America, Europe, and Asia. The remaining three slots will be filled by two European and one American team from a series of online qualifiers. Starting on January 17th, the online qualifiers are open to women's teams in NA and EU, and will be hosted by ESEA. Teams can sign up here:
Those who make it to Katowice will battle it out on the Intel Extreme Masters Expo Stage Sunday, March 6th in a single elimination, best of three tournament format with a third place match.
The teams will be flown in for the offline group stage with travel and accommodation provided for. The day's matches will be broadcast on Twitch.tv. For more information about Intel Extreme Masters World Championship in Katowice, please visit the official website.
Teams who would like to be considered for a direct invitation should fill out this form by January 21st. Applicants for a direct invite must still sign-up for the qualifiers. Any team that does not receive confirmation from ESL by January 23rd that they have received a direct invitation will need to play through the qualifiers to receive their bid for the Intel Challenge at Katowice 2016.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NZXT announce their all-new H Series cases
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz