Thecus Technology Corp. today announced the launch of its newest 2-bay NAS, the N2810, a NAS server designed to optimize multitasking and provide seamless 4K multimedia playback. The N2810 is equipped with the newest generation Intel Braswell N3050 1.6 GHz dual-core processors (burst to 2.16 GHz) and 2 GB DDR3 RAM. Furthermore the N2810 supports AES-NI encryption engine for increased performance and enhanced security.
"The N2810 steps up to the challenges that 4K playback creates and provides a robust hardware platform that is able to handle multiple tasks with ease," said Florence Shih, CEO at Thecus Technology Corp. "With the recent development of our newest operating system, ThecusOS 7.0, we are elated to announce that the N2810 will be the first Thecus NAS to be released with the new software."
Its compact, sleek design allows the N2810 to fit perfectly alongside an entertainment center or office desk. The unit comes equipped with three USB 3.0 ports for maximized transfer speeds and two LAN ports that allow for 7 modes of link aggregation. The N2810 is outfitted with an HDMI port for local playback and supports USB devices, Apple TV, and Chromecast. Furthermore, the N2810 supports a wide range of apps including Kodi and Plex for a rich multimedia experience.
For increased data protection, the N2810 comes bundled with free Intel Security and Acronis. The N2810 supports the Thecus System Failure feature ensuring full system redundancy and cloud services such as DropBox, Amazon S3, and ElephantDrive.
The N2810 runs on the newly designed ThecusOS 7.0 offering an easy to use, intuitive user interface. Introducing several new features including Photo Station, Thecus App Center (including over 700 apps), and User Profile, ThecusOS 7.0 delivers significant improvements in design, performance, and user experience.
Availability: Units will begin shipping globally in February, 2016. MSRP (US): $319.00.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit