HIGHPOINT RELEASES LOW COST EXTERNAL HARDWARE RAID CONTROLLER FOR DESKTOP AND SOHO MARKETS
Milpitas, Calif. - HighPoint Technologies is announcing the immediate availability of the RocketRAID 3122 - PCI-Express x1 external SATA hardware RAID controller with friendly OS support for desktops and SOHO markets.
The RocketRAID 3122 offers PCI-Express x1 bus connectivity for support every desktop and workstation motherboard available in the industry. PCI-Express is here to satisfy our bandwidth appetites for the next several years as legacy PCI did not provide the necessary bandwidth needed for demanding peripheral cards. The beauty of PCI-Express is the upward compatibility with faster PCI-Express speeds. A PCI-Express x1 peripheral device provides the flexibility to work in a PCI-Express x4, x8 or x16 slots.
The RocketRAID 3122 includes two external 3Gb/s external eSATA ports that are compatible with any point-to-point external storage and it capable of connecting to port multiplier (PM) storage devices supporting up to 10 SATA devices. The world's lowest cost true hardware RAID controller is powered by 400MHz RAID IOP engine with 128MB DDR II of cache memory. RAID support includes RAID 0 for high performance and RAID 1 for data protection.
Complete operating systems support is a key benefit of the RocketRAID 3122 for desktop and SOHO environments. There is support for (32 and 64) bit versions of Windows and native support in Linux distributions that include kernel 2.6.25 and FreeBSD 7.0 to offer a peace of mine user experience. Support for Mac OS X includes the added bonus of bootable support in Mac Pro systems.
The RocketRAID 3122 is the industry's lowest costing hardware RAID controller at $169 MSPR and is available today for purchase from one of our online reselling partners Newegg.com and from our distribution channels (ASI, BellMicro, D&H and Malabs)
HighPoint Technologies is headquartered in Milpitas CA. For further information please call 408-942-5800 or email email@example.com Visit the HighPoint site at https://www.highpoint-tech.com or https://www.hptmac.com
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit