Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of DataTraveler 2000 encrypted USB Flash drive. DataTraveler 2000 offers hardware encryption and PIN protection with access through an onboard alphanumeric keypad. It will ship later in Q1.
It is designed for global security IT professionals, small-to-medium businesses and corporate end users who require electronic data protection. DataTraveler 2000 is easily deployable in a work environment where multiple devices and operating systems are in use as the drive is OS independent and features hardware-based, full disk AES 256-bit data encryption in XTS mode. Encryption is done on the drive and no software or hardware drivers are needed.
DataTraveler 2000's alphanumeric keypad allows users to lock the drive with a word or number combination for easy-to-use PIN protection. For additional security, its auto-lock feature is activated when the drive is removed from the host device and the encryption key and password are deleted after 10 invalid login attempts to thwart brute force intrusions. DataTraveler 2000 is built with durability in mind as an aluminum cover protects the drive from everyday elements such as water and dust.
"We are excited to add DataTraveler 2000 to our existing lineup of fast and encrypted USB Flash drives for organizations and SMBs," said Ken Campbell, Flash business manager, Kingston. "It is the perfect option to deploy in the workforce where a uniform encrypted data storage solution that works on many different OS' are in use."
DataTraveler 2000 is using Datalock Technology licensed from ClevX, LLC. The two companies have worked together for many years as ClevX's innovative security and mobility solutions can be found on other Kingston encrypted USB Flash drives.
DataTraveler 2000 available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities.
Kingston DataTraveler 2000 Features and Specifications:
- Interface: USB 3.1 Gen. 1 (USB 3.0)
- Superior password protection: User sets a PIN to prevent unauthorized access
- Easy to use: No application installation required
- Compatible with: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, 8, 7 (SP1), Vista (SP2), Mac OS X v. 10.8.x+, Linux v. 2.6.x+, Chrome OS, Android**
- Secure: Drive locks down and reformats after 10 invalid login attempts
- Guaranteed: Three-year warranty with free technical support
- Capacities: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB
- Speed: USB 3.1 speed: 16GB: 120MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- 32GB: 135MB/s read, 40MB/s write
- 64GB: 135MB/s read, 40MB/s write
- USB 2.0 speed: 16GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- 32GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- 64GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimensions: (drive with sleeve) 80mm x 20mm x 10.5mm
- (drive without sleeve) 78mm x 18mm x 8mm
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam