Razer, a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers, today announced the Razer Nabu Watch. The full-featured digital timepiece includes a Nabu secondary screen that previews notifications streamed from a smartphone, as well as tracks fitness and sleep activity via an in-built accelerometer.
While smartwatches have proliferated the industry in 2015, one of the biggest challenges to the devices have been their battery life and their fundamental lack of capability as a multi-function watch. Razer addresses these issues by focusing first on the digital chronograph as the primary function and the smart features as a secondary addition.
The Razer Nabu Watch includes features expected of top-tier digital watches - an illuminated backlit display, countdown timer, stopwatch, World time clocks and alarms - as well as automatic phone time sync via Bluetooth to ensure the watch is always accurate to the global standard. Most importantly, the Razer Nabu Watch digital chronograph component has a 12-month life on its coin cell replaceable battery.
A secondary screen outfitted in the Razer Nabu Watch delivers all the features of a Nabu wearable, including discreet notifications, fitness tracking and watch-to-watch communication.
Paired to a user's smartphone via Bluetooth, calls, texts, emails and app alerts all stream to the secondary screen for ease of viewing. An in-built accelerometer enables comprehensive fitness tracking - steps walked, distance traveled, calories burned and more. Finally, with its unique watch-to-watch communication capability, two Nabu Watch users can shake hands to exchange Facebook and Twitter info easily. This feature works interchangeably between any Nabu Watch, Nabu and/or Nabu X. The watch's secondary screen has seven days of rechargeable battery life via an included charging cable.
"We're bringing together the reliability and incredible functionality of a digital timepiece, with added smart features to empower the tech enthusiasts of today," says Razer CEO and co-founder, Min-Liang Tan. "We're also just really excited to create a digital watch that we're proud to call our own - a natural intersection between our popular work in apparel and wearables. This was something our fans have asked for, and we're happy to deliver."
The Razer Nabu Watch is available in two versions. The standard edition is designed with tough polycarbonate materials and with Razer green highlights. It will be available from late January 2016 and is priced at $149.99. The Razer Nabu Watch Forged Edition has machined stainless steel buttons for added durability and a premium black finish. It is available from January 6th 2016 exclusively at RazerStore retail locations and at RazerStore.com, priced at $199.99.
For more information on the Razer Nabu Watch, please visit https://www.razerzone.com/watch
Razer Nabu Watch -
Razerzone.com - late-Jan 2016
Worldwide - late-Jan 2016
Price: US$149.99/EUÃ¢,Â¬179.99 (AUS/NZ pricing not yet confirmed)
Razer Nabu Watch Forged Edition -
Exclusive to Razerzone.com and all RazerStore retail locations - Jan 6 2016
- 12 months battery life using replaceable coin cell battery (CR2032)
- Hourly time signal
- 1/100 second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 23:59'59.99"
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time
- Countdown Timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Full Auto Calendar
- 12/24 hour formats
- 3 multi-function alarms (Daily or weekly repeats)
- World Time
- Time, World Time and Alarms auto synced to phone time or manually adjusted via Nabu app
- OLED 128x16 single color
- 3-axis accelerometer
- Cylindrical vibration motor
- Single Button for OLED Screen
- Lithium polymer battery with up to 7 days battery life
- 5ATM water resistance rating
- Shock Resistant up to 5m
- Charging via magnetic proprietary USB cable
- Wireless syncing with mobile device via BLE
- iPhone 5/5S/6/6 Plus/6S/6S Plus with iOS 8 (or higher)
- Android 4.3 (or higher) device with Bluetooth Low Energy (BT 4.0 or higher) capability
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Dying in Sea of Thieves will soon cost you in-game gold
- EA's new AI has taught itself to play Battlefield 1
- GTA V NaturalVision Remastered mod looks freaking INCREDIBLE
- Epic Games shows off real-time ray traced digital character
- Edward Snowden: NSA tracks ALL Bitcoin users private info
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit