Lite-On Storage Group, a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of solid state drives (SSDs) will be showcasing their latest enterprise and client storage solutions at its Aria suite this year for CES 2016. Lite-On announced its EP2 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD at the Flash Memory Summit (FMS) 2015. At CES 2016, they are releasing the new addition EP2 PCIe Gen 3 x 4, NVMe 2.5" SSD with U.2 form factor.
The EP2 with the U.2 connector is hot swappable, providing great flexibility to IT Managers to easily change drives without shutting down the server. By combining the PCIe form factor with NVMe protocol, the EP2 U.2 series increase server application performance, lowers latency and delivers fast and predictable data access in a datacenter environment. It delivers superior speed with 4KB random read performance of up to 290,000 IOPS, and 4KB write performance of up to 26,000 IOPS. The EP2 U.2 also features end-to-end data protection, guarding against corruption and errors, and Power Loss Protection, against sudden power loss. The EP2 U.2 is available up to 2TB capacity.
Lite-On will also be releasing the CV1+, based on the popular Lite-On client SATA SSD CV1, with patented Power Loss Protection. The CV1+ is Lite-On's first value SSD targeting data center customer. One of the greatest fears among enterprise customer is the loss of data due to sudden power loss. Lite-On, therefore, chooses to integrate PLP into the CV1 drive to create the CV1+ for its data center customer to alleviate such fears while offering unbeatable value to the customer.
"Lite-On's engineers work closely with our vendors and customers to develop innovative solutions for a fast moving storage industry," said Jeffrey Chang, Technical Product Manager for Lite-On. "We are the first to offer enterprise grade data protection with a client based SSD. Companies that are looking to upgrade their data center or servers from HDDs to SSDs with a limited budget might consider our CV1+ as a great solution. Our latest CV1+ is an ideal storage solution to meet their needs, both in terms of performance and value."
Lite-On will also be showcasing its very first client NVMe SSD. The CX2 M.2 PCIe, using the NVMe protocol provides faster and more efficient data access to simplify daily workloads and increase work productivity. It delivers superior speed at 4KB random read performance of up to 200,000 IOPS and 4KB write performance of up to 220,000 IOPS and is ideal for film editors and resource heavy graphic design applications.
The complete lines of Lite-On solid state drives on display in the media suite include drives for enterprise and client operations, and industrial solutions.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series