Lite-On Storage Group, a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of solid state drives (SSDs) will be showcasing their latest enterprise and client storage solutions at its Aria suite this year for CES 2016. Lite-On announced its EP2 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD at the Flash Memory Summit (FMS) 2015. At CES 2016, they are releasing the new addition EP2 PCIe Gen 3 x 4, NVMe 2.5" SSD with U.2 form factor.
The EP2 with the U.2 connector is hot swappable, providing great flexibility to IT Managers to easily change drives without shutting down the server. By combining the PCIe form factor with NVMe protocol, the EP2 U.2 series increase server application performance, lowers latency and delivers fast and predictable data access in a datacenter environment. It delivers superior speed with 4KB random read performance of up to 290,000 IOPS, and 4KB write performance of up to 26,000 IOPS. The EP2 U.2 also features end-to-end data protection, guarding against corruption and errors, and Power Loss Protection, against sudden power loss. The EP2 U.2 is available up to 2TB capacity.
Lite-On will also be releasing the CV1+, based on the popular Lite-On client SATA SSD CV1, with patented Power Loss Protection. The CV1+ is Lite-On's first value SSD targeting data center customer. One of the greatest fears among enterprise customer is the loss of data due to sudden power loss. Lite-On, therefore, chooses to integrate PLP into the CV1 drive to create the CV1+ for its data center customer to alleviate such fears while offering unbeatable value to the customer.
"Lite-On's engineers work closely with our vendors and customers to develop innovative solutions for a fast moving storage industry," said Jeffrey Chang, Technical Product Manager for Lite-On. "We are the first to offer enterprise grade data protection with a client based SSD. Companies that are looking to upgrade their data center or servers from HDDs to SSDs with a limited budget might consider our CV1+ as a great solution. Our latest CV1+ is an ideal storage solution to meet their needs, both in terms of performance and value."
Lite-On will also be showcasing its very first client NVMe SSD. The CX2 M.2 PCIe, using the NVMe protocol provides faster and more efficient data access to simplify daily workloads and increase work productivity. It delivers superior speed at 4KB random read performance of up to 200,000 IOPS and 4KB write performance of up to 220,000 IOPS and is ideal for film editors and resource heavy graphic design applications.
The complete lines of Lite-On solid state drives on display in the media suite include drives for enterprise and client operations, and industrial solutions.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NZXT announce their all-new H Series cases
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz