TomTom (TOM2) continues to innovate with completing the move to its new transactional-based mapmaking platform. This platform is the first of its kind in the map industry and a leap forward in mapmaking technologies. It furthers TomTom's lead in delivering the highest quality and up-to-date maps optimizing on crowdsourced data alongside traditional mapmaking methods. This launch represents a significant milestone for the company and is the critical step to bringing real-time maps to customers.
"We are the first to deliver a global platform that allows for map updates to be continuously released to users," said Harold Goddijn, CEO at TomTom. "The era of map updates in batches is over, now we can update maps as changes are detected. This puts TomTom in a unique position to start providing the real-time quality and accuracy needed for the future use-cases such as driver assistance applications and highly automated driving."
TomTom's new transactional mapmaking platform brings great advantages in efficiencies and minimises the time between detecting changes in the real-world and updating the map on an end-user's device. A change can pass through TomTom's mapmaking process, be fully quality assured in real-time, and end up in a customer's map in just minutes. This new platform can scale to process new sources of sensor data efficiently, furthering TomTom's lead in optimising professional and community input mapmaking techniques. End-users using TomTom's real-time maps will always have accurate and up-to-date maps across automotive, mobile and location-based online applications.
"This has been a huge, complex project for the maps team at TomTom and I'm very proud of what we've achieved and the time in which it has been achieved," said Charles Cautley, Managing Director Maps & Licensing at TomTom. "There is a lot of potential with this new platform and with it we look forward to delivering the high-quality map content that meets the growing customer location requirements."
To see how TomTom's mapmaking platform works, please click here:
Latest News Posts
- Interactive website plays 50yr Apollo 11 launch in real-time
- 2mm tiny-bots to regenerate your health from the inside out
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC 'Hero' to drop this Summer
- Mars' past climate proves it had enough time to develop life
- Flamethrower drones are real and you can get yours for $1499
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access