TomTom (TOM2) continues to innovate with completing the move to its new transactional-based mapmaking platform. This platform is the first of its kind in the map industry and a leap forward in mapmaking technologies. It furthers TomTom's lead in delivering the highest quality and up-to-date maps optimizing on crowdsourced data alongside traditional mapmaking methods. This launch represents a significant milestone for the company and is the critical step to bringing real-time maps to customers.
"We are the first to deliver a global platform that allows for map updates to be continuously released to users," said Harold Goddijn, CEO at TomTom. "The era of map updates in batches is over, now we can update maps as changes are detected. This puts TomTom in a unique position to start providing the real-time quality and accuracy needed for the future use-cases such as driver assistance applications and highly automated driving."
TomTom's new transactional mapmaking platform brings great advantages in efficiencies and minimises the time between detecting changes in the real-world and updating the map on an end-user's device. A change can pass through TomTom's mapmaking process, be fully quality assured in real-time, and end up in a customer's map in just minutes. This new platform can scale to process new sources of sensor data efficiently, furthering TomTom's lead in optimising professional and community input mapmaking techniques. End-users using TomTom's real-time maps will always have accurate and up-to-date maps across automotive, mobile and location-based online applications.
"This has been a huge, complex project for the maps team at TomTom and I'm very proud of what we've achieved and the time in which it has been achieved," said Charles Cautley, Managing Director Maps & Licensing at TomTom. "There is a lot of potential with this new platform and with it we look forward to delivering the high-quality map content that meets the growing customer location requirements."
To see how TomTom's mapmaking platform works, please click here:
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz