TomTom (TOM2) continues to innovate with completing the move to its new transactional-based mapmaking platform. This platform is the first of its kind in the map industry and a leap forward in mapmaking technologies. It furthers TomTom's lead in delivering the highest quality and up-to-date maps optimizing on crowdsourced data alongside traditional mapmaking methods. This launch represents a significant milestone for the company and is the critical step to bringing real-time maps to customers.
"We are the first to deliver a global platform that allows for map updates to be continuously released to users," said Harold Goddijn, CEO at TomTom. "The era of map updates in batches is over, now we can update maps as changes are detected. This puts TomTom in a unique position to start providing the real-time quality and accuracy needed for the future use-cases such as driver assistance applications and highly automated driving."
TomTom's new transactional mapmaking platform brings great advantages in efficiencies and minimises the time between detecting changes in the real-world and updating the map on an end-user's device. A change can pass through TomTom's mapmaking process, be fully quality assured in real-time, and end up in a customer's map in just minutes. This new platform can scale to process new sources of sensor data efficiently, furthering TomTom's lead in optimising professional and community input mapmaking techniques. End-users using TomTom's real-time maps will always have accurate and up-to-date maps across automotive, mobile and location-based online applications.
"This has been a huge, complex project for the maps team at TomTom and I'm very proud of what we've achieved and the time in which it has been achieved," said Charles Cautley, Managing Director Maps & Licensing at TomTom. "There is a lot of potential with this new platform and with it we look forward to delivering the high-quality map content that meets the growing customer location requirements."
To see how TomTom's mapmaking platform works, please click here:
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sony ramping up services framework for next-gen PS5
- New Assassin's Creed free-to-play mobile game incoming
- Capcom to release three big games every fiscal year
- Black Ops 4 Blackout battle royale has split-screen
- Red Dead Redemption 2 required ruthless crunch at Rockstar
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Trimble Introduces Next Generation Wireless Data Recorder for Smart Wastewater and Stormwater Monitoring
- Cooler Master Debuts the World's First Analog Keypad
- Cooler Master Announces Hyper 212 Black Edition
- The new ALIENWARE m15 gaming laptop
- Where's Baby Launches on Steam!