Taipei, Taiwan - December 17, 2015: Accusys Storage Ltd. today announced that its A16T2-Share Thunderbolt storage device is now available globally through Accusys' network of distributors and value added resellers. After its initial release at NAB 2015, Accusys' A16T2-Share created a wave in the technology industry as it became the first shareable Thunderbolt storage unit on the market. With extreme performance capabilities and an affordable price tag, the A16T2-Share offers unprecedented value.
Designed to grow with businesses, the A16T2-Share is a 16-bay rackmount storage array with 4 Thunderbolt host ports. This allows for 4 Thunderbolt clients to share content distributed across 16 hard drives with a total capacity of 128TB (while equipped with 8TB enterprise level HDDs), and may be further expanded to up to 512 TB with an extra JBOD system. Users can configure the A16T2-Share as a Storage Area Network (SAN) storage pool when integrated with SAN software, or partition the storage array into several storage volumes and benefit from the high performance Thunderbolt ports as direct attached storage with immense capacity.
The A16T2-Share takes the original peer to peer Thunderbolt interface and transforms it into a more flexible Thunderbolt storage network which is well suited for media and entertainment budgets and workflows. The advanced technology and innovative thinking will eliminate the high cost of Thunderbolt networking over Fibre Channel SAN or 10 Gigabit Ethernet. Guaranteed to preserve the full performance of Thunderbolt 2.0 in a shared storage environment, the A16T2-Share is the perfect storage solution for the burgeoning 4K video market.
"The evolution of technology industry and the demands for advanced storage solutions has required a new level of innovation from storage providers," said SuSyan Huang, CEO of Accusys storage Ltd. "At Accusys, we are constantly looking to push the boundaries, and with the A16T2, we are able to provide a new level of performance and value to consumers in the industry."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit