HyperX, a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the HyperX OC Takeover (HOT) contest finals will take place on December 16-17, 2015 at HyperX headquarters in Fountain Valley, California. A total of $15,000 USD will be split amongst the top three winners. HOT is working with Overclocking-TV to stream the event and also host a giveaway including memory, SSDs, USBs, motherboards and keyboards. The live stream begins on Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. PST and on Thursday at 11:30 a.m. PST. It can be viewed live here.
Overclockers from across the globe recently tried to qualify for the HOT World Finals by pushing HyperX memory frequency to the max and benchmark their systems with Intel XTU and Futuremark 3DMark11. Nine finalists along with the 2014 World Champion will descend upon HyperX Headquarters in the United States for the grand finale. They will overclock with the latest hardware provided by HyperX, Intel and MSI in hopes of taking home a piece of the huge $15,000 USD prize pool and the title of HOT 2015 World Champion.
"We are happy to expand our partnership with HyperX at their HOT competition this year," said Ted Hung, MSI Vice President of Motherboard Sales Division. "This cooperation is a result of showing the best performance and memory compatibility on our MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TE motherboard. We also believe the partnership maximizes the potential of optimizing our products."
"HyperX is proud to support the overclocking community by once again staging the HOT competition featuring the world's best overclockers," said Annie Gerard, strategic marketing manager, HyperX. "Together with our great partners for this event, we have provided the top in-class components to achieve the highest frequencies and benchmarks."
HyperX OC Takeover contest began in October in conjunction with HWBOT, the premier information website for overclockers and performance enthusiasts. Finalists will compete with components supplied by HyperX and all its partners: Cooler Master, Intel, MSI and Thermal Grizzly.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/GameCube Controller now
- Hollow Knight for Switch, Gods & Glory free DLC details
- Resident Evil 2 remake PC requirements announced
- Gears of War 5 on PC scales incredibly well, up to 120FPS
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may come to PC
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit