Just in time for the holidays, QNAP, Inc. has upgraded its mid-level NAS lineup with a bevy of new features and capabilities that will have even Santa envious. The new TS-x53A family includes 2, 4, 6, and 8-drive bay models that feature new Intel Braswell N3150 1.66 GHz (burst 2.08 GHz) quad-core processors and a 4K-capable HDMI output. 4GB of DDR3L system RAM is standard and 8GB is optional. Perhaps even more eye-catching though is the new Linux Station, QNAP Snapshot file recovery, high performance hardware-based encryption for added security and an impressive lineup of genuinely useful consumer & business-ready apps. The TS-x53A series are also expandable up to 128TB* for added storage needs.
The TS-x53A series features QNAP's embedded QTS 4.2 NAS OS, and QNAP has pioneered exclusive features like new Snapshot file recovery, which "undeletes" a file from a snapshot of the NAS volume, and Qsirch; the first-ever real-time full-text natural search capability on a NAS. QTS 4.2 offers other enhancements for sharing, backing up, and enjoying files including music, videos, movies, and pictures right on its browser-based OS. The TS-x53A series' built-in with virtualization capabilities also allow users to build Container applications (LXC and Docker) as well as VMs on top of the NAS. Another great new feature is Linux Station, based on LXC which provides a complete Linux environment along with full functionality for both entertainment and development.
Powered by 8th-generation Intel Graphics, the new faster processors allow the TS-x53A series NAS to transcode 4K UHD/1080p videos on-the-fly even faster and can handle multiple concurrent users/tasks with ease. The Qmedia channel was recently introduced for Roku players and Roku TVs, allowing users to easily stream photos, music and videos from their QNAP NAS devices to your home TV. The solid array of new business features as well as the impressive new home components makes the TS-x53A series the quintessential storage solution for small offices, workgroups and prosumers.
New models at a glance
- TS-253A-4G/8G (2 x 2.5/3.5 inch drives, 4GB/8GB RAM)
- TS-453A-4G/8G (4 x 2.5/3.5 inch drives, 4GB/8GB RAM)
- TS-653A-4G/8G (6 x 2.5/3.5 inch drives, 4GB/8GB RAM)
- TS-853A-4G/8G (8 x 2.5/3.5 inch drives, 4GB/8GB RAM)
The new TS-x53A models are currently shipping in the US and Canada markets.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit