Just in time for the holidays, QNAP, Inc. has upgraded its mid-level NAS lineup with a bevy of new features and capabilities that will have even Santa envious. The new TS-x53A family includes 2, 4, 6, and 8-drive bay models that feature new Intel Braswell N3150 1.66 GHz (burst 2.08 GHz) quad-core processors and a 4K-capable HDMI output. 4GB of DDR3L system RAM is standard and 8GB is optional. Perhaps even more eye-catching though is the new Linux Station, QNAP Snapshot file recovery, high performance hardware-based encryption for added security and an impressive lineup of genuinely useful consumer & business-ready apps. The TS-x53A series are also expandable up to 128TB* for added storage needs.
The TS-x53A series features QNAP's embedded QTS 4.2 NAS OS, and QNAP has pioneered exclusive features like new Snapshot file recovery, which "undeletes" a file from a snapshot of the NAS volume, and Qsirch; the first-ever real-time full-text natural search capability on a NAS. QTS 4.2 offers other enhancements for sharing, backing up, and enjoying files including music, videos, movies, and pictures right on its browser-based OS. The TS-x53A series' built-in with virtualization capabilities also allow users to build Container applications (LXC and Docker) as well as VMs on top of the NAS. Another great new feature is Linux Station, based on LXC which provides a complete Linux environment along with full functionality for both entertainment and development.
Powered by 8th-generation Intel Graphics, the new faster processors allow the TS-x53A series NAS to transcode 4K UHD/1080p videos on-the-fly even faster and can handle multiple concurrent users/tasks with ease. The Qmedia channel was recently introduced for Roku players and Roku TVs, allowing users to easily stream photos, music and videos from their QNAP NAS devices to your home TV. The solid array of new business features as well as the impressive new home components makes the TS-x53A series the quintessential storage solution for small offices, workgroups and prosumers.
New models at a glance
- TS-253A-4G/8G (2 x 2.5/3.5 inch drives, 4GB/8GB RAM)
- TS-453A-4G/8G (4 x 2.5/3.5 inch drives, 4GB/8GB RAM)
- TS-653A-4G/8G (6 x 2.5/3.5 inch drives, 4GB/8GB RAM)
- TS-853A-4G/8G (8 x 2.5/3.5 inch drives, 4GB/8GB RAM)
The new TS-x53A models are currently shipping in the US and Canada markets.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz