Synology Inc. today launched DiskStation DS216, a feature-rich 2-bay NAS server conceived to be a perfect match for workgroups and office environment, and specially designed for sharing and protecting data. "DS216 will quickly become your best work partner, providing multiple handy office applications and improving productivity at work." said Jason Fan, product manager at Synology Inc.
DS216 is built to deliver optimal multi-tasking experience at the best price/performance ratio. Powered by a dual-core 1.3 GHz CPU and 512 MB DDR3 memory, DS216 outperforms its predecessor and delivers an exceeding read and write speed at over 111 MB/s under RAID 1 configuration in a Windows environment.
With the built-in Floating-Point Unit (FPU) which further enhances the overall capability of the main CPU, the DS216 is particularly advantageous in speeding up thumbnail processing, and enhancing photo viewing at different resolutions. With an encryption engine, it also offloads encryption calculation tasks away from the main CPU, helping to improve file transfer speeds. DS216 is equipped with a USB port and a USB copy button on the front panel for easy data transfer.
Designed with the mindset of non-stopping up-time service, DS216 is equipped with hot-swappable and tool-less drive trays for easy installation, simplifying drive replacement and maintenance.
DS216 runs on DiskStation Manager (DSM), the most advanced and intuitive operating system for NAS devices. Featuring a wide range of applications from backup to network management, DS216 provides all essential business services and increased productivity at work. Synology was named "PC Mag Business Choice Award winner" for the second consecutive year, and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, value, and likelihood to recommend.
For more information on DS216, please visit this page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series