Synology Inc. today launched DiskStation DS216, a feature-rich 2-bay NAS server conceived to be a perfect match for workgroups and office environment, and specially designed for sharing and protecting data. "DS216 will quickly become your best work partner, providing multiple handy office applications and improving productivity at work." said Jason Fan, product manager at Synology Inc.
DS216 is built to deliver optimal multi-tasking experience at the best price/performance ratio. Powered by a dual-core 1.3 GHz CPU and 512 MB DDR3 memory, DS216 outperforms its predecessor and delivers an exceeding read and write speed at over 111 MB/s under RAID 1 configuration in a Windows environment.
With the built-in Floating-Point Unit (FPU) which further enhances the overall capability of the main CPU, the DS216 is particularly advantageous in speeding up thumbnail processing, and enhancing photo viewing at different resolutions. With an encryption engine, it also offloads encryption calculation tasks away from the main CPU, helping to improve file transfer speeds. DS216 is equipped with a USB port and a USB copy button on the front panel for easy data transfer.
Designed with the mindset of non-stopping up-time service, DS216 is equipped with hot-swappable and tool-less drive trays for easy installation, simplifying drive replacement and maintenance.
DS216 runs on DiskStation Manager (DSM), the most advanced and intuitive operating system for NAS devices. Featuring a wide range of applications from backup to network management, DS216 provides all essential business services and increased productivity at work. Synology was named "PC Mag Business Choice Award winner" for the second consecutive year, and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, value, and likelihood to recommend.
For more information on DS216, please visit this page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NZXT announce their all-new H Series cases
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz