Samsung Launches 1.5 Terabyte ''EcoGreen'' F2EG Hard Disk Drive
Samsung Electronics, a world leader in digital consumer electronics and information technology, today announced its new EcoGreen F2EG hard disk that delivers a massive 1.5 TB of capacity with 500 GB per disk. With increased recording density and reduced number of disks, the EcoGreen F2 drive is more power efficient by supporting a capacity up to 1.5TB with 3 disks.
"Lower platter count means less power to start the motor, less power to continuously spin the motor and a lighter head-stack which takes less power to seek," said Andy Higginbotham, director of HDD sales and marketing for the Samsung Semiconductor Storage Division. "With fewer heads and disks, the F2EG hard drive has a lower probability of head-disk failures, enabling customers to build more reliable systems."
As hard disk capacity increases from an increased number of disks, so does power consumption. However, Samsung's F2EG drive offers low power consumption by using EcoTriangle, a low-power, low-heat, low-noise operation technology. With its advanced design and fewer components, the F2EG drive is 40% lower in power consumption in idle mode and 45% lower in reading/writing mode than competitive drives. Samsung's Eco-Triangle technology offers more energy efficient and high performance hard drive options to manufacturers of home media PC, external HDD, set-top box, and personal NAS.
In addition to the European Union (EU)'s Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS) Regulations, Samsung's F2EG drive complies with many other environmental regulations.
Samsung's EcoGreen F2EG drive, which is suitable for both external hard disks and desktop PC, incorporates 500 GB/1 TB/1.5 TB capacity, 16 MB/32 MB buffer memory, and 3.0 gigabytes per second (Gbps) Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) interface. The F2EG hard drive, employing advanced PMR technology, achieves greater aerial density and improves transfer performance as well.
The F2EG family of drives is currently being shipped to major OEM businesses. The 1.5 TB HDD is available at $149.00 MSRP.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox's Phil Spencer promoted to vice president of gaming
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower