Polk BOOM, a lifestyle audio brand targeting adventure-oriented consumers, continues to transform the ways and places people can listen to music with the debut of two new rugged Bluetooth speakers, Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr. Like the original Swimmer, both products are water, dirt and shock-proof with a unique, flexible tail design and deliver hi-fi sound from extremely compact, portable packages.
The Swimmer Duo features several upgrades to the original Swimmer design, as well as new capabilities. Wrapped in a silicone casing to withstand hard drops, it now allows two units to be linked wirelessly to create a stereo pair, creating a discrete, more enriched immersive listening experience that pumps out louder and more natural sound. It also features a built-in speakerphone, enabling users to take calls directly from the speaker. To make the Duo even more adaptable, an extra 3cm was added to the flexible tail attachment, allowing users to securely loop the device to virtually any object, like a paddle, bike handle bar, pole, or tree branch. Additionally, the Swimmer Duo's flexible tail is detachable and can be swapped out with an included suction cup for sticking it to flat surfaces like a window or shower wall.
The compact Swimmer Jr. is about the size of a racquet ball, yet delivers surprisingly loud, high quality audio for those in search of an ultra-portable speaker. The Swimmer Jr. also features a hard shell with silicone bumper around the grille for protection, and also has speakerphone capabilities.
Both the Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr. offer the same rugged features consumers love most about the original Swimmer, including certified shock and drop resistance and a waterproof IPX Level 7 rating, which allows the speakers to be submerged in 1 metre of water for up to 30 minutes.
"Pushing the limits of where you can take sound is the core of what drives us," said Polk BOOM's founder, Ryan Minarik. "With the development of Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr., our primary goals were to pack as much punch into the smallest sized speakers while extending the flexibility of placement and amplifying the soundstage via stereo linking. We believe these updates continue to provide and expand a 'Ready 4 Anything' listening experience."
"The original Boom Swimmer was a huge success in Australia. The launch of Polk Boom's new Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr. will no doubt continue that great story with our trade partners and their customers" said Steve Siolis, Managing Director of Directed Electronics, distributor of Polk Boom products in Australia and New Zealand.
Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr. retail for $99.00 and $79.00 respectively, and both models are available now at JB Hi-Fi and other leading retailers. Swimmer Duo colourways include Monochromatic Black, Blue and Orange. Swimmer Jr. comes in Monochromatic Black, Blue and Grey with a Mint Green bumper.
Visit the Polk Boom Australian website for more information.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Uber updates app with 'Live Location' functionality
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ