LG Electronics (LG), the world's leading OLED TV manufacturer, unveiled two of the largest OLED displays in the world at South Korea's Incheon International Airport. LG worked closely with the renowned French design firm Wilmotte & Associes to develop the massive structures which adorn the main terminal of the award-winning airport.
Each sign is composed of 140 55-inch curved OLED panels, resulting in displays that stands 13 meters high and 8 meters across, equivalent to three large-sized shipping containers. The two curved displays will feature a variety of content to demonstrate the capabilities of OLED technology, such as brilliant fireworks set against a night sky. And because every pixel in an OLED display emits its own light, there is no need for heavy LED backlighting, making both of the airport displays incredibly light and flexible, allowing them to hang from the ceiling with minimal support.
"These OLED displays perfectly complement the advanced technology that our airport has become known for," said Park Wan-su, president and CEO at Incheon International Airport. "We are always eager to showcase to the millions of travelers every year the cutting-edge technology that originates from Korea. OLED is a prime example of that."
"While the world's largest OLED sign is certainly something to be proud of, we are more excited about the opportunity to introduce travelers from across the world to the magic of OLED," said Ro Se-yong, senior vice president and head of business-to-business solutions at LG Electronics. "The benefits of OLED technology can only be viewed, they cannot be described with mere words."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz