Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) today announced EA SPORTS UFC 2 will launch this Spring, featuring UFC bantamweight champion "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey as the game's global lead cover athlete. Rousey, the undefeated UFC champion (12-0), is the most dominant and recognized fighter in the world. Hear what Rousey thinks about the cover and get a first look of the champ in the virtual Octagon here.
"EA Sports is a cultural barometer to know what's going on in sports at the moment," said Rousey. "As a gamer myself, it's pretty surreal to be on the cover of the game and to have a woman on the cover of a UFC game shows a lot of progress. I'm really happy to be involved with it."
EA SPORTS UFC 2 takes the franchise's stunning character likeness and animation to another level, adds an all-new Knockout Physics System and authentic gameplay features, and introduces the biggest ever roster of real-world fighters in a MMA game who will step back into the Octagon on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
"Like any champion fighter going into their next fight, we listened to our corner - in our case, the fans - and took a detailed look at everything we can do to take the fight game to a whole new level," said Creative Director Brian Hayes. "We're doing that by introducing innovative gameplay features, delivering a game mode for every fighter regardless of their style of play, and adding helpful tools so fans can master MMA, all while producing the jaw-dropping visuals that fans expect."
EA SPORTS UFC 2 is headlined by five brand new game modes including KO Mode and UFC Ultimate Team, a revamped Career Mode that lets fans create female fighters for the first time ever in a UFC game, and Grapple Assist, an integrated visual tool to help players learn and perfect takedowns, ground game transitions, and submissions. Full feature and mode details can be found at http://easports.com/ufc/features.
Rousey will defend her title tomorrow in the Octagon at UFC 193: ROUSEY vs. HOLM at Etihad Stadium, to mark the first UFC event in Melbourne, Australia. This event will also make UFC history as the first time two women's world title bouts will headline a PPV event.
For pre-order information, visit http://easports.com/UFC/buy
EA SPORTS UFC 2 is developed in Burnaby, British Columbia by EA Canada. More information is available on the EA SPORTS UFC website, and in-depth feature details will be announced in the months leading up to launch. Fans should keep an eye on the website, as well as the EA SPORTS UFC Facebook and Twitter pages to make sure they're always up-to-date on the latest and greatest news.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through videogames, including Madden NFL football, EA SPORTS FIFA, NHL hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR golf, SSX and EA SPORTS UFC.
For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit https://www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix could go big at E3 2019 with FF7 Remake
- AMD 50th anniversary Radeon VII, Ryzen 7 2700X teased
- Halo TV show will deliver character-focused storytelling
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 430.39 drivers: ready for GTX 1650
- Digital Storm teases GeForce RTX 2070 Max-P gaming laptops
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- The Game Industry Conference calls for Speakers
- Fantasy Smith VR is on Steam now, come make magical weapons for the cute adventurers!
- Monster Hunter Returns to Puzzle & Dragons in Fan-Favorite Collab
- As Esports Industry Grows, Doctors Address Needs of Unique New Athletes