Originally launched five years ago, the Shuttle XS-Series of fanless computers is now the longest-serving family of products in the company's range of machines. New versions of the XS35 and XS36, packed with the latest of features, have been introduced at regular intervals with the fifth generation becoming available today. Although both models share a similar platform, they differ in terms of looks and features.
Both versions sport an Intel Celeron N3050 dual-core processor clocked at 1.6 GHz and support up to 8 GB of DDR3L memory on one SO-DIMM slot. Both the XS35V5 Pro and XS36V5 come with a card reader, WLAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet already built in. 2x USB 3.0, 3x USB 2.0, HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA and audio connections are provided at the front and rear. Inside the chassis of the XS35V5 Pro sits a conventional USB 2.0 port that can be fitted with a USB stick or other USB expansions. The two serial interfaces on the front panel of the XS36V5 are ideally suitable for machine and device control applications.
When it comes to energy consumption, these new models show their real strength. More frugal than ever, they barely use less than 9 W during operation in a typical hardware configuration. As there are absolutely no failure-critical components such as fans inside, these barebones PCs are particularly reliable and even approved for continuous 24/7 operation.
For the first time with this series of models the three monitor connections (HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA) can be operated in parallel.
The 36 mm thin XS36V5 has space for one SATA 6 Gbit/s 2.5" drive, whereas the XS35V5 Pro also has room for an additional slimline drive or, with a separately available installation frame, a second 2.5" drive can be installed. In contrast to its predecessors, the XS35V5 Pro has a brushed aluminium chassis and a completely new look.
Optional accessories include a VESA mount (PV01 for XS35V5 Pro, PV03 for XS36V5) and the afore mentioned installation frame for a second 2.5" drive (PHD2 for XS35V5 Pro).
Shuttle's recommended retail price for the XS35V5 Pro Barebone is 182.00 Euro, while it is 181.00 Euro for the XS36V5. Both prices exclude Vat. At the time of publication of this press release the specified models are available from specialist retailers Europe-wide.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series