Every year, technology is becoming more and more advanced and is constantly improving. These improvements includes improve enhanced functions in smaller and smaller packages. This is why 2.5" solid state drives and hard drives are becoming more popular due to its low power consumption and space-saving benefits, which are superior to 3.5" SATA hard drives in almost every category. Combine with the extra bandwidth of the SSDs and the raw power of the processors; enterprises are able to accelerate their project-development process. Since 2.5" SSDs and HDDs have smaller storage capacities compared to 3.5" hard drives, maximizing the storage density in limited spaces have become the most important task for many storage consulting firms; a task they are faced with often.
The ToughArmor MB992SKR-B is designed specifically for systems with space limitations by fitting 2 x 2.5" SSD / HDD into a single 3.5" front device bay. With its built-in high performance hardware RAID processor, the MB992SKR-B gives users the option to choose between RAID 0, RAID 1, BIG and JBOD modes. The built-in RAID function allows you effortlessly add a 2.5" SSD/HDD RAID array to any system without needing to add a RAID controller card. The MB992SKR-B features a heavy duty full metal construction which is commercially suitable for medical & military systems, government agencies, Industrial PCs, SMB workstations, VM workstations, mobile DVR systems, aerospace computers, automation systems and embedded systems.
The ToughArmor MB992SKR-B is a self contained hardware RAID enclosure that gives you the flexibility to choose between RAID 0, RAID 1, BIG and JBOD modes. With a built-in high performance RAID chipset, the enclosure operates independently of your system with its own processor and memory to run the RAID applications, offering the best reliability compared to software RAID. Software RAID can be infected by viruses and can cause the RAID table to be damaged, resulting into lost data.
With a standalone RAID function you can add 2.5" SSD/HDD RAID array into any system via a single SATA connection without the need for an additional RAID controller card. That being said, with the MB992SKR-B you can quickly create a RAID 1 array for your OS / VM setup to prevent a downed system caused by drive failure, or create a RAID 0 array for faster transfer speed for performance intense applications. The JBOD mode allows you to see two individual drives (requires SATA port-multiple on the host end), and the BIG mode provides maximum storage capacity into a single point, by combining 2 hard drives storage sizes into a single large storage device. With options like these to maximize uses for your hard drives, the choice is yours!
Utilizing its small form factor, The MB992SKR-B is perfect for use in system that has limited available space such as IPC, mobile DVR system, aerospace computer, automation system or embedded system. The ability to house 2 x SATA SSD or HDD in a single 3.5" front device bay with built-in RAID function makes it a valuable asset, such as using RAID 1 protection for mobile DVR system or fast RAID 0 arrays for powerful gaming computer. To keep cables from cluttering, a single SATA 15 power pin is used to ease installation and only requires one SATA port to operate. Save as much space while maintaining the storage capacity and performance, with the compact MB992SKR-B.
The metal material used allows effective heat dissipation transfer from the hard drives to the mobile rack. By conduction, the heat will dissipate more quickly with greater surface area. On top of that, Multi-Flow Technology (MFT) effectively routes air flow correctly for excellent passive cooling, via ventilation slots on the front, rear, top and bottom (in multiple locations). Lastly, Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) and EMI Grounding are used to provide a stable environment, allowing the hard drives or SSD's used to perform at its best.
The EZ Slide Micro trays make drive interchangeability and makes maintenance completely hassle free. The trays are also designed to accommodate 7mm to 9.5mm height hard drive and SSD, creating a 2.5" hot swap bay for any standard SATA hard drives and SSDs.
- Built-in hardware RAID controller allows four different configurations: RAID 0 (FAST), RAID 1 (SAFE), JBOD, & BIG.
- Supports SATA 6Gbps and hot swap.
- Removable tray system for easy maintenance.
- Front LED indicator lights for drive power, access, fail and RAID 1 rebuilds status.
- Full metal construction, perfect for rugged applications and complies with flammability requirements.
- Fits 2 x 7mm to 9.5mm 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD in a 3.5" front device bay.
- Multi-Flow Technology (MFT) - provides excellent passive cooling.
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) - creates a safe environment for hard drives or SSDs.
- Active Power Technology (APT) - individual led only powers up if there is drive installed in each bay.
- EMI Grounding - protects hard drives from electrical damage.
- Eagle-hook lock system & 2-segment safeguard key lock keeps drives secure within the enclosure.
- Single SATA 15 Pin to power entire device & single SATA connector to operate.
- Limited 3 year warranty to complement the typical warranty of a hard drive.
- Supports SATA and SATA power cables with locking latch design.
- Suggested applications in medical & military systems, government agencies, Industrial PC, SMB workstation, VM workstation, mobile DVR system, aerospace computer, automation system and embedded system.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- David Beckham kicks off new PES 2019 trailer
- Insomniac's Spider-Man takes you 5 mins to feel like Spidey
- Team Sonic Racing gameplay deep dive video at E3 2018
- Nintendo/Ubisoft Starlink Star Fox partnership explained
- New FREE and dynamic Shadow of Colossus PS4 theme released
- FS Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ 256GB SM-G965U New $751CAD
- FS Apple iPhone X.8.8 Plus 256GB Unlocked New $791CAD
- FS Apple iPhone X.8.8 Plus 256GB Unlocked New $791CAD
- ASUS Q551 problem.
- ASUS hello
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit