You can now buy Layers of Fear as a Game Preview title on Xbox One, at a price of $12.99. Similar to Steam's Early Access, this version will let you get into the action before the final release. Why would you want to do that? Simple - the game already feels like a finished product. It's just about 80% complete and features two to three hours of polished gameplay. The upcoming updates will mostly focus on bug fixes and adding additional content. You will also have a part in the production process - we listen to all of the feedback we receive. Your ideas and constructive criticism are taken into consideration and can impact the shape of the finished product.
Layers of Fear has attained an Overwhelmingly Positive review rating of 97% on Steam based on more than 1500 voices. The critical response has been in line with those scores:
"Layers of Fear Is The One of The Biggest Horror Surprises of The Year" - Kotaku
"Layers of Fear is like P.T. on drugs" - Polygon
"Truly, Layers of Fear is a masterpiece to behold." - CGMagazine Online
About the Game:
Layers of Fear is a psychedelic adventure horror game about a madness-engulfed painter striving to create the work of his life. You will learn the dark story of his past while gathering carefully crafted personal items that can be found in the game. Traverse the vision-induced, constantly shifting house full of supernatural phenomena, where each move of the camera can change the environment, and discover the true motive of the artist. The thick atmosphere will keep you on edge at all times, building the mood layer by layer.
The game has been developed in Unity Engine, presenting an uncanny focus on detail and visual aesthetics. Heavily inspired by the masterpiece paintings from the past centuries, and the architecture and décor from the XIX century, Layers of Fear is a truly unique experience on the market.
- A psychedelic horror game where each turn of the camera may change the look of your surroundings.
- Deep insight into the madness that entwines a human being.
- Inspired by the masterpiece paintings from the past centuries, and the architecture and décor from the XIX century.
- A thick atmosphere that will make you feel on-edge throughout the whole game.
Layers of Fear is out now on Steam Early Access for Windows PC, Mac, Linux, as well as the Game Preview program for Xbox One.
You can buy the game now on Steam and Humble Store!
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit