The sixth generation of Intel Core processors is now supported by a compact 3-litre Mini-PC. The new barebone model goes by the name of XPC slim XH170V and is based on Intel's H170 chipset. "3-litre PCs have for a long time represented a really serious alternative to conventional PCs," says Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "Increasingly, they are matching larger PCs in terms of processor, memory and drive support, and in many scenarios the improved integrated graphics function makes dedicated video cards obsolete."
With a height of just 72 mm, the XH170V can be operated in various positions, either lying flat, installed upright with a stand, or fitted behind monitors and to any suitable surface with a VESA-compatible mount. Its black steel chassis can accommodate two 2.5" drives plus one slimline drive, or alternatively three 2.5" drives. All connectors and the bay for the optical drive on the front of the machine are elegantly concealed behind high-gloss drive doors.
Further technical highlights include support of many Intel Celeron, Pentium and Core processors for socket LGA1151 (up to 65 Watt of TDP) and up to 16 GB DDR3L memory split between two slots. The mainboard offers an M.2 slot (e.g. for SATA-SSDs), a Mini-PCI-Express x1 2.0 slot (e.g. for a WLAN module) and three SATA connectors with 6 Gbit/s and RAID. Additionally, the front and rear of the machine reveal 4x USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0, eSATA, RS-232, Gigabit Ethernet, 2x DisplayPort and HDMI.
The DisplayPort and HDMI monitor connectors are suitable for parallel control of the latest high-resolution screens. With a Core i3 processor or higher installed, these ports allow for 4K monitors to run at 60 Hz (on DP) and 30 Hz (on HDMI).
The recommended retail price for the Shuttle XH170V Barebone is EUR 224.00 (ex VAT). At the time of publication of this press release the specified model is available from specialist retailers Europe-wide.
Optional accessories include a WLAN module (WLN-S), mounting frame for 3.5" hard disks (PHD4), VESA mount (PV02) and stand (PS01).
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo signals 3DS retirement, ignores it in presentation
- Switch digital revenue nearly doubles, software up 86%
- Death Stranding creator meets Robert De Niro at Tribeca 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11's Director says '$6440 story' is BULLSH*T
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate overtakes Wii U console sales
- ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha.....blocked mounting hole
- OWC 10Gbe Thunderbolt 3 Review
- did the old ivy bridge overclock issue on z68 boards ever get fixed?
- LED strip always on even after PC off?
- Netgear Orbi Pro Ceiling Review
- Carpe Diem! Imperator: Rome Available Now
- Garth Brooks Makes Mobile Game Debut in Words With Friends, Announces Final Pre-Order Window for The Legacy Collection
- Nexile releases new trailer for Jump King along with release date
- World War Z - The zombie apocalypse is frantic, frightening - and fun - in the World War Z Reaction Trailer!
- Focus Home Interactive Q4 2018 - 2019 Earnings!