The sixth generation of Intel Core processors is now supported by a compact 3-litre Mini-PC. The new barebone model goes by the name of XPC slim XH170V and is based on Intel's H170 chipset. "3-litre PCs have for a long time represented a really serious alternative to conventional PCs," says Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "Increasingly, they are matching larger PCs in terms of processor, memory and drive support, and in many scenarios the improved integrated graphics function makes dedicated video cards obsolete."
With a height of just 72 mm, the XH170V can be operated in various positions, either lying flat, installed upright with a stand, or fitted behind monitors and to any suitable surface with a VESA-compatible mount. Its black steel chassis can accommodate two 2.5" drives plus one slimline drive, or alternatively three 2.5" drives. All connectors and the bay for the optical drive on the front of the machine are elegantly concealed behind high-gloss drive doors.
Further technical highlights include support of many Intel Celeron, Pentium and Core processors for socket LGA1151 (up to 65 Watt of TDP) and up to 16 GB DDR3L memory split between two slots. The mainboard offers an M.2 slot (e.g. for SATA-SSDs), a Mini-PCI-Express x1 2.0 slot (e.g. for a WLAN module) and three SATA connectors with 6 Gbit/s and RAID. Additionally, the front and rear of the machine reveal 4x USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0, eSATA, RS-232, Gigabit Ethernet, 2x DisplayPort and HDMI.
The DisplayPort and HDMI monitor connectors are suitable for parallel control of the latest high-resolution screens. With a Core i3 processor or higher installed, these ports allow for 4K monitors to run at 60 Hz (on DP) and 30 Hz (on HDMI).
The recommended retail price for the Shuttle XH170V Barebone is EUR 224.00 (ex VAT). At the time of publication of this press release the specified model is available from specialist retailers Europe-wide.
Optional accessories include a WLAN module (WLN-S), mounting frame for 3.5" hard disks (PHD4), VESA mount (PV02) and stand (PS01).
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- COLORFUL's new iGame SSDs: up to 3GB/sec read with RGB
- What if Certain Affinity is making a free-to-play Halo?
- Square Enix commits to games as a service business model
- SAG-AFTRA video game voice actor strike ends
- Shadow of War balanced to be played without lootboxes
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM