On Tuesday at a Blu-ray Disc Association conference in Beijing, it was announced that the Sony DADC disc replication facility in Sydney would be recieving a substantial floorspace expansion, which will enable the facility to manufacture Blu-ray discs. The production aim will be set at 1,000,000 units per month by February next 2009. Sony DADC Sydney have replicated DVD discs from the earliest stages of the format in 1998.
This will lighten the load on loaded Blu-ray manufacturing lines worldwide which have reached stretching point, leading to staggered release dates and limited numbers.
Last updated: Sep 7, 2019 at 02:36 pm CDT
- Sony isn't 100% sure COVID-19 won't delay PlayStation 5 and new games
- Sony's PS5 talk wasn't enough--for next-gen, seeing is believing
- Coronavirus may delay PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X launch past 2020
- A $399 PlayStation 5 will conquer next-gen
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech