If you've been holding off on buying an AMD Ryzen CPU with the new Zen 3-powered Ryzen 5000 series, then the motherboard you've been waiting for is here: EVGA's new super-enthusiast X570 DARK motherboard.
EVGA's new X570 DARK motherboard has its AMD AM4 socket rotated 270 degrees, and just 2 x DIMM slots which is the optimal for extreme overclocking (1 DIMM per channel). There are 2 x PCIe 4.0 x16 slots, and a single M.2 NVMe SSD. You won't need much on this board, but with 4TB+ capacities on super-fast PCIe 4.0 SSDs you can build quite the beast with the EVGA X570 DARK.
Enthusiasts will be buying the EVGA X570 DARK motherboard for its 17-phase Digital VRM, with the huge power delivery cooled by extensive finned heat sinks. The aluminum-finned heat sinks cool the VRMs and the PCH through a large copper heat pipe. The dual DIMM slots limit you to 64GB, but there's not many situations where you'd be buying a motherboard like this and wanting to put 128GB into this board.
- Read more: EVGA X570S DARK motherboard teased, and boy does it look delicious
- Read more: EVGA's new AMD X570-based DARK motherboard teased again
The board has already been used to push some OC results to the edge, with DANOCP overclocking the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X processor pushed to 4.8GHz all-core, with an FLCK 2066MHz (1:1) on normal watercooling. We should see more with LN2 cooling in the future.
You're looking at $689.99 for the EVGA X570 DARK motherboard.
EVGA X570 DARK motherboard features:
- 150% Increased Socket Gold Content
- 2-Way SLI Support + PhysX
- Built for EVGA ELEET X1
- Dual EVGA Probe-It Connectors
- EVGA ELEET X1 Software Support
- EVGA's Latest GUI BIOS Featuring OC Robot and In-BIOS Stress Testing
- HDMI 2.0b, and DisplayPort 1.4
- Highly-Efficient 16 Phase Digital VRM
- New Integrated EVGA Wireless Module with Intel Dual-band Wi-Fi 6 / BT5.2 with external antenna
- Onboard ARGB and RGB Headers controlled through EVGA ELEET X1
- Onboard Clear CMOS, Power and Reset Buttons
- Onboard Temperature and Voltage Monitoring
- PCI Express Gen 4
- PCIe Disable Switches
- Realtek 7.1 Channel HD Audio + EVGA NU Audio
- Reinforced PCIe slots
- SafeBoot button resets the motherboard and goes into the BIOS with the last known good settings without clearing CMOS
- Slow Mode switch locks CPU multiplier to lowest possible setting to allow users to switch between max OC and low speeds in real-time.
- SPI flashing via USB allows you to flash your BIOS without a CPU
- Supports AMD Ryzen 5000 Processors
- Triple BIOS Support
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-core, 32-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor (AMD Ryzen 9 5950X)
- > NEXT STORY: Sony fixes big PS4 CBOMB issue that turned consoles into bricks
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Activision chief legal officer leaves as company faces SEC probe