I'm pretty freaking hyped about Crysis Remastered, but between now and its release -- we have this awesome Crysis Enhanced Edition mod to check out. Scope the video below:
The Crysis Enhanced Edition mod has some pretty gorgeous graphics, with improvements made to in-game textures and its lighting system. The mod includes 8K rocks and grounds, 4K structures, screen space reflections, max particles and particle lights, indirect sky lighting, reworked indoor lights, improved fog volumes, and so much more.
You can check out the Crysis Enhanced Edition mod right here on its Remaster Studio Patrons page.
I'm going to go and back the developers at Remaster Studio after I've finished writing this post, and then I'm going to try out Crysis Enhanced Edition on my Dell UP3218K monitor with its native 7680 x 4320 resolution. Yeah, 8K baby. I want to see those 8K rocks and grounds at 8K on my 8K display.
Here's what Crysis Enhanced Edition features:
- Almost entirely retextured with 8K rocks and grounds textures, 4K textures for structures and metal and 2k textures for vegetation, with 2k normal maps.
- Added Screen Space reflections for water
- Reworked particles ( in density and quality), which now can emits lights.
- Grass shadows
- Indirect sky lighting and improved indoors lighting ( baked indirect lighting)
- Improved material simulation
- Improved Edge AA, wich now smoothes regular aliasing too, and added a temporal AA shader.
- Added Lens flares
- Added rain splash on water when raining.
Last updated: Jun 16, 2020 at 04:29 pm CDT
- > NEXT STORY: Zoom: 100 billion meeting minutes in January 2020, 2 trillion by April
- < PREVIOUS STORY: AMD Ryzen C7 rumor: 5nm node, RDNA 2 GPU, 5G modem, 144Hz support